THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT
- A second rate way to pay for local democracy? Ilersic, Alfred // Accountancy;Mar1986, Vol. 97 Issue 1111, p12
Comments on the British government's efforts to reform the rating system for local government financing. Failure of the government to restrain the spending of major urban authorities; Proposed imposition of a community charge on all adults living in a local authority; Proposed revision of the...
- Rates Green Paper published. // Accountancy;Mar1986, Vol. 97 Issue 1111, p27
Reports that the British government has issued its proposals for the abolition of rates in the payment of funds for local governments. Phase-out of rates over a ten-year period; Use of a flat rate community charge payable by all adults; Establishment of a taxation register.
- Let's Crack the Code. Neal, Richard E. // National Public Accountant;Aug99, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p30
Focuses on the the Individual Tax Simplification Act of 1999 in the United States. Objective of the bill; Legislation where the act is based on; Interaction between the credits.
- Benefits of Tax Cut Are Phased in, Back-Loaded and Retroactive. Lathrop, Steven J. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Jul2001, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p30
Focuses on the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 in the United States. Aspects of the tax cut; Discussion on the development of tax brackets; Advantages of the tax legislation to married couples; Details on the changes in the retirement plans.
- Tax Notes. Litwin, Burton H. // American Bar Association Journal;Dec81, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p1688
Focuses on the provisions of the Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981 in the United States. Benefits to taxpayers; Changes in the manner of determining statutory interest rates; Addition of a penalty for valuation overstatements; Increase in negligence penalty.
- Municipal bond and state and local finance legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;03/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30593, p7
Presents a summary of the status of municipal bond and state and local finance legislation in the United States, compiled as of March 8, 1999. Legislation; Existing law; Proposed law; Status.
- Municipal bond and state and local finance legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;05/04/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30385, p4
Provides an update on municipal bond and local/state finance legislation in the United States as of May 4, 1998. Electricity restructuring; Private-use bond restrictions on municipal utilities; Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act of 1991; Airport infrastructure funding; Flow...
- MUNICIPAL BOND AND STATE AND LOCAL FINANCE LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;05/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30890, p6
Presents a status report on municipal bond and state and local finance legislation in the United States as of May 2000. Bill to increase the limit on bank deductibility; District of Columbia Management Restoration Act; Stop Tax-Exempt Arena Debt Issuance Act; Low income housing tax credit...
- Municipal Bond and State and Local Finance Legislative Status Report. // Bond Buyer;09/14/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30477, p17
Presents a chart detailing the status of legislation on municipal bonds, state finance and local finance in the United States. Includes electricity restructuring; Private-use bond restrictions on municipal utilities; Transportation Equity Act for the 21st century; Airport infrastructure funding.