Bush Nominates Olson to Fed
- NOW IT'S CLINTON'S FED TOO. Norton, Rob // Fortune;3/18/1996, Vol. 133 Issue 5, p40
Discusses the appointments to the Federal Reserve Board made by President Clinton in 1996. The reappointment of Alan Greenspan as chairman and the choices of Alice Rivlin and Laurence H. Meyer for Federal Reserve Board governorships; The lack of success in appointing Alicia Munnell and Felix...
- Gonzalez bill would shake up Federal Reserve. Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;3/21/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 55, p2
Reports that Congressman Henry B. Gonzalez has introduced a bill that would make reserve bank presidents subject to US Senate confirmation. Proposal to audit the vault of each reserve bank at least once every three years.
- Fed Vice Chairman Rivlin Steps Down. Dixon, Mary; Coyle, Tom // America's Community Banker;Jul99, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p11
Reports on the resignation of Alice Rivlin as vice chairman of the Federal Reserve Board on July 16, 1999. Career plans of Rivlin after her resignation; Overview of Rivlin's letter of resignation; Comments from Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan; Career background of Rivlin.
- Clinton Fed nominees please GOP. Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;2/26/96, Vol. 88 Issue 62, p8
Reports that the Republican party is pleased with Alice Rivlin, and Laurence Meyer, President Clinton's nominees for the Federal Reserve Board. Information on both nominees; Comments from William Sullivan, an economist with Dean Witter Reynolds; Examination of the American economy for the last...
- Clinton nominates 2 to Federal Reserve Board. Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;2/23/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 36, p2
Reports that United States President Bill Clinton nominated Alice Rivlin and Laurence Meyer for the Federal Reserve Board. Comments by Clinton; Hope of the industry that a banker would be named.
- Meet the New Fed Governors. // Region (10453369);Jun2002, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p5
Profiles the appointed governors of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board in 2002. Professional background of Susan Schmidt Bies; Career of Mark W. Olson in banking.
- Fed Watching But Sees No Housing Bubble. Heller, Michele // American Banker;6/22/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 119, p18
Reports that the U.S. Federal Reserve Board is concerned about unsustainable prices in some housing markets. Comments from Federal Governor Mark Olson regarding the national housing rates.
- Second Banker in Month Nominated to Fed Board. Heller, Michele // American Banker;7/11/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 132, p1
Reports on United States President George W. Bush's announcement in July 2001 that he will nominate Mark Olson to the U.S. Federal Reserve Board. Importance of having bankers on the board; Olson's banking background; Role in modernizing bank laws in the 1970s; Supporters' defense of Olson as...
- Senate Panel Votes Slated for Nominees . Heller, Michele // American Banker;7/6/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 129, p4
Reports on the United States Senate Banking Committee's scheduled vote on the nominations of banker Donald E. Powell to the post of chairman of the U.S. Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. and Roger W. Ferguson Jr. to serve a second term on the U.S. Federal Reserve Board. Confirmation hearings...