Do-it-Yourself Calif. Power Plan: Rush to Build Local Plants Grows
- Two 'peaker' plants make it past the drawing board, could be up and running by next summer. Wenner, Gretchen // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/11/2000, Issue 322706, p1
Reports the installation of two peaker plants to supply electricity in California. Projects of the California Energy Commission; Result of the power resources analysis; Investigations of the juice supplies of power producers.
- Solar Power TOWER. Jozefowicz, Chris // Current Science;9/9/2005, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p10
Presents information on electric power plants in Australia.
- Mini plants may solve power gap. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/02/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p1A
Reports the establishment of mini electric power plants on Long Island, New York. Construction of a 44-megawatt plant at the Pilgrim State Psychiatric Center in Brentwood; Plans for a generator by FPL Group of Juno Beach, Florida; Corporations with construction plans of less than 80 megawatts;...
- How will China's power growth be financed? L.D.S. // Modern Power Systems;Apr95, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p17
Opinion. Comments on the financing of China's growing electric power plant business. Contributing factors affecting power infrastructure projects; Attitude of international funding agencies; Effect of Chinese opposition to excessive rates of return for foreign investors; Investor complaints;...
- News in brief. // International Power Generation;Jul2002, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p4
Presents several new briefs related to the construction of electric power plants for electric generation in different countries. Joint project of Russian and Belarus government to produce electricity; Power generation agreement between Mexican state electricity commission and Spain-based Endesa...
- Queensland Selects Three Private Power Projects For Development. // Modern Power Systems;Sep96, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p5
Provides information on the three private sector electric power plants to be built in Queensland. Total cost of the projects; Combined capacity of the plants.
- Work Starts At Marmara. // Modern Power Systems;Sep96, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p11
Reports on the start of the construction of a 480 MegaWatts electric power plant in Marmara, Turkey.
- Malaysia's Largest IPP Power Plant Nears Completion. // Modern Power Systems;Sep96, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p19
Reports on the near completion of the construction of a combined cycle power plant in Lumut, Malaysia. Estimated cost of the project; Power generation capacity; Installation of advanced technology gas turbines in the plant.
- Hasselby Gets Tough On NOx. Isles, Junior // Modern Power Systems;Sep96, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p29
Focuses on the extension of the operating period for the Hasselby power station in Sweden to reduce nitrogen oxide (NO) emissions in the plant. Removal of NO by combustion technology based on a lower flame temperature and staged combustion; Installation of low NO burners and over-fire air or...