- D.C. Deal Could Come in 6 Weeks If Officials OK MLB Offer. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/7/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32333, p6
The article reports that the District of Columbia could advance with its sale of 535 million dollars in stadium construction bonds in six weeks if district officials accept Major League Baseball's (MLB) latest financing counter-proposal. It cites the conditions MLB has added to the lease...
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Vadum, Matthew; O'Brien, Elizabeth; Cataldo, Adam L.; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/27/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32037, p23
The article presents news related to the Northeastern bond markets in the U.S. as of December 27, 2004. In New Jersey, Acting Governor Richard Codey met with New York Giants executive John Mara and other team officials to discuss construction of a new football stadium for the team at the...
- THE TRADING FLOOR. Wisniewski, Mary; Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;05/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31141, p6
Reports developments related to dealers and underwriters in the bond market in the United States as of May 2001. Recruitment of David C. Gordon as managing director of Ponder & Co.; Acquisition of Robinson-Humphrey Co. by SunTrust Banks Inc.; Recognition of Natalie R. Cohen as director of...
- Euro shops to continue hiring spree. // High Yield Report;06/28/99, Vol. 10 Issue 26, pN
Predicts a continuation on executive recruitments in the European bond market due to the projected multibilion dollar euro- and dollar-denominated issuance.
- Tempe Turns the Tables With Lawsuit Against Arizona Airport Project. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/17/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31493, p32
Examines the causes of the shutting down of the construction of an Arizona Cardinals stadium in Tempe, Arizona. Interference with traffic patterns at Sky Harbor; Inclusion of the issue on air pollutant emissions; Revenue funds used for the finance of the stadium.
- Block that stadium: McDome McDoomed. // Crain's Chicago Business;3/11/96, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p12
Reports that a proposal by Governor Jim Edgar, of McDome promises to provide a home for the Chicago Bears and a venue for money generating conventions. What will McDome create.
- Five years later, stadium realized. Orr, Jim // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/27/97, Issue 322217, p1
Reports that the Fresno city council is expected to vote on whether the city should back the $28 million of bonds for a proposed downtown stadium that would make Fresno a Triple-A baseball city. Council members' plan to air out intricacies during the meeting and their warning that voting could...
- Fields of dreams. Schlesinger, Hank // Popular Mechanics;Apr96, Vol. 173 Issue 4, p54
Focuses on the success of asymmetrically designed stadiums in the United States. Accommodation of disparate geometries of baseball and football; Design compromises of doughnut designed stadiums.
- Domino effect. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/13/99, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p10
Comments on the controversy over the costs of the construction of a stadium in Cleveland, Ohio. City as contesting bills submitted by some contractors; Fiscal follies of the Gund Arena public project; Failure of the Gund project to pay contractors and subcontractors for more than one year.