Expensive Utah Parkway Faces Legal Challenge
- UTAH HIGHWAY FACES LAWSUITS. Illia, Tony // ENR: Engineering News-Record;01/22/2001, Vol. 246 Issue 3, p19
Reports on the lawsuit filed by local environmentalist group Sierra Club to stop work from beginning on the first multimillion-dollar, 14-mile segment of the proposed 125-mile Legacy Highway in Salt Lake City, Utah. Reaction of th Utah Department of Transportation officials to the lawsuit;...
- Ewing v. Department of Transportation: When the Savings Statute Provides No Safety. Castleberry, David C. // Utah Bar Journal;May/Jun2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p12
The article discusses a court case wherein the plaintiff's relative died of vehicular accident because no barrier in the center median of the road was placed by the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT). The Utah Court of Appeals reviewed the case wherein there are issues on savings statute...
- Appellate Highlights. Parker, Rodney R. // Utah Bar Journal;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p36
The article discusses the decisions of the several court cases in the Utah. Topics discussed include decision of the United States Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals in case Ortiz v. United States ex ret. Evans Army Cmty. Hosp. related to compensation for injuries, decision of the district court in...
- Judge Denies Presidio Parkway Suit. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;2/23/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33471, p1
The article reports on the denial of Alameda Court Superior Court Judge Wynne Carville in San Francisco, California, on the lawsuit filed by the Professional Engineers for the termination of the deal between state and local transportation agencies over the design, building, and operation of the...
- Judge Refuses to Second-Guess Utah's Legacy Parkway. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/15/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31203, p6
Reports that a judge has ruled against an environmental challenge to Utah's 451 million dollar Legacy Parkway project in Dallas, Texas. Bonds that will be issued for the project.
- Syndicate to Use $150M of PABs For California's Presidio Project. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;10/27/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33406, p24
The article reports on the plan of Golden Link Partners to design, finance and manage the Presidio Parkway project in California through the 150 million-dollar worth of private-activity bonds (PABs).
- Top 100 Projects 2012 22: Windsor-Essex Parkway Project. // ReNew Canada;2012 Supplement, p24
The article offers information on the Windsor-Essex Parkway Project, which will connect Highway 401 to the proposed New International Trade Crossing, while separating local and international traffic and eliminating stop-and-go traffic on the way to the border in Windsor, Ontario.
- Kyle Parkway extension opens. // Free Press (Buda, TX);12/17/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 37, p1D
The article reports on the concluded construction of the Kyle Parkway extension in Hays County, Texas.
- HIBERNACULA TO CALL HOME. NAYLOR, EHA; ANDREW-MCBRIDE, PETER // Landscapes/Paysages;Fall2012, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p14
The article explores how herpetologists have collected snakes to protect them from the construction site at the Windsor-Essex Parkway project in Ontario.