Report Sees Shakeup in States' Prepayment Rankings
- CMOs, Duration Risk and a New Mortgage. Thode, Stephen F. // Journal of Real Estate Research;Jan-Apr2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1/2, p73
This article presents an alternative mortgage that retains the fixed-rate feature of a fixed-rate feature of a fixed-rate mortgage (FRM), but accelerates the principal amortization when interest rates rise, exposing the buyer to less duration risk in a rising interest rate environment. this...
- Mortgage prepayment speeds far behind 1996's numbers. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p6
Reports that prepayment rates for single-family mortgage revenue bonds decreased during the first six months of 1997. Comparison with the same period in 1996; Average rate of mortgages.
- Midwest States at Center of Surge in Single-Family Mortgage Prepayment Rates. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31337, p4
Reports on the gap between the prepayment ranking of fast and slow prepaying states in the U.S. Increase of single-family mortgage prepayment rates; Gains from fast-prepaying states; States with good prepaying rates.
- Battling Prepayment Risks. DWYER, JOHN M. // Mortgage Banking;Dec98, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p87
Presents information on a plan to lower prepayment risk in the mortgage banking industry. Functions of a prepayment database; Examples which suggest why servicer-originators may wish to prioritize inbound customer calls.
- LOWEST PREPAYMENT RATES. // National Mortgage News;09/04/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p1
Presents statistics on the lowest mortgage prepayment rates in the United States for June 30, 2000.
- New penalties make mortgages hard to ditch. E.S. // Money;Aug1996, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p37
Relates that some lenders are starting to impose prepayment penalties on borrowers who pay off their mortgages in the first three to five years. Reasons for this action; How lenders are making these penalties palatable to consumers; Advice to buyers.
- Refinancing Wave Calling Attention to Subprime Prepay Penalties. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;01/22/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p5
Discusses reasons why investors are becoming more interested in the fact that a large percentage of subprime mortgages carry prepayment penalties. Mitigation of prepayment risk; Theory that subprime or home equity product is slower to prepay than more mainstream loans; Laws in the United States...
- HOME FREE. Royal, Leslie E.; Alleyne, Sonia // Black Enterprise;Jul2002, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p114
Focuses on the economic implications of prepayment clauses used in mortgages. Prerequisites in a contract before accepting a prepayment penalty; Applications of penalty; Importance of mortgage negotiators.
- Brokers Blamed for Fast Prepayments. Peters, Terry // National Mortgage News;2/11/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p12
Reports the results of prepayment rates of mortgage brokers in New York. Inconsistency on the results of prepayment rates; Reduction on the mortgagors inconvenience in refinancing process; Efficiency in the exercise of the mortgagors prepayment option.