Judge Drops Charges In Kevin Quinn Y-B Suit
- Quinn, SEC Strike Tentative Deal in Yield-Burning Case. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/11/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31221, p4
Focuses on the agreement between the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Kevin Quinn, former head of public finance of Alex Brown & Sons Inc., on fraud charges in New York. Apprehensions of the SEC lawyers on the evidentiary ruling; Allegation of violating the securities...
- SEC Gives Nod to Settlement in Kevin Quinn Case. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31235, p4
Reports the settlement of the case between Kevin Quinn and the Securities and Exchange Commission in the United States. Details of the trial; Conditions of the settlement; Reactions on the reasonability of the settlement.
- SEC Charges Developer, Appraiser Over Rancho Lucerne Project Bonds. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/26/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31581, p4
Reports that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has filed securities fraud charges against the developer and appraiser of the proposed San Bernardino, California-based Rancho Lucerne residential golf course community. Overview of the lawsuit.
- McCarthy Dubbed `Mr. Magic' for Alex. Brown, Quinn. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;05/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30895, p4
Reports on how attorney Patrick McCarthy brought public finance and investment business to Alex. Brown and Sons Inc. Close working relationship with Kevin Quinn, head of public finance at Alex. Brown; Fraud case brought by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) against Quinn...
- District judge ready to hear sides in banker's Orange County case. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;08/11/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30702, p40
Reports on the lawsuit filed against Ken Ough by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission for alleged securities fraud. Failure to disclose material information on ten taxable note offerings.
- Cochran: SEC appeal is unsupported. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/05/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30740, p1
No abstract available.
- Cochran Won't Appeal to Supreme Court to Prevent Trial. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;08/29/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30964, p6
Focuses on securities fraud issue filed by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) against banker Robert Cochran in the United States. Account of the charges filed by SEC; Background of the case; Significance of the case to the municipal securities enforcement program of SEC.
- Lawyer: Cochran, SEC may settle. Hume, Lynn; Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;02/02/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30570, p6
Reports on the possibility that the United States Securities and Exchange Commission may settle securities fraud charges pending against former Oklahoma investment banker Robert Cochran. US District Court Judge Wayne E. Alley's dismissal of the commission's charges to two transactions; Pending...
- SEC to appeal court dismissal of charges against Cochran. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/20/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30623, p7
Focuses on the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's plan to appeal a federal judge's January 28, 1999, dismissal of securities fraud charges against former Oklahoma investment banker Robert Cochran. Failure of Cochran to disclose vital information to issuers and investors;...