Detroit Medical to Write Down Some of HMO's Receivables
- This Just In. // Crain's Detroit Business;06/18/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p1
Presents news items related to business in Michigan as of June 24, 2001. Detroit Medical Center Inc.'s plans of acquiring OmniCare Health Plan Inc.; Partnership agreement between Venture Industries Inc. and Expert Corp.; Retirement plans of Detroit Regional Chamber senior vice president Anne...
- DMC hopes to keep OmniCare's vitals going. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;04/09/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p3
Reports on the decision of the Detroit Medical Center (DMC) to save OmniCare Health Plan from insolvency. Optimism of DMC on the turnaround of the managed care business; Commitment to reduce the losses of OmniCare; Bailout of the health maintenance organization.
- DMC backs out of OmniCare deal. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;8/6/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p14
Reports on the decision of Detroit Medical Center (DMC) to withdraw its plan to purchase OmniCare Health Plan of Michigan. Impact of the decision on OmniCare; Losses of DMC Clinic Plan in 2000; Financial status of OmniCare at the end of fiscal 2000 and in the first quarter of 2001.
- OmniCare adds DMC Medicaid plan. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;01/10/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p4
Reports on OmniCare Health Plan's assumption of ownership of the Detroit Medical Center's (DMC) money-losing Medicaid health plan in a noncash deal. Financial performance of DMC; Concentration of resources on care provision; Divestment of programs unrelated to patient care.
- OmniCare debt doesn't scare DMC. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;6/25/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p18
Reports on the plan of Detroit Medical Center Inc. (DMD) to acquire OmniCare Health Plan Inc. of Michigan in spite of OmniCare's debts. How DMD plans to acquire OmniCare.
- DMC gets more time to think about OmniCare acquisition. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;05/14/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p2
Reports that the Detroit Medical Center in Michigan received an extension from state regulators until June 15, 2001, to complete its due diligence on its proposed acquisition of financially troubled OmniCare Health Plan.
- DMC buys back HMO. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;04/09/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p4
Focuses on the acquisition of OmniCare Health Plan of the company Michigan by the company Detroit Medical Center (DMC). Factors that led to the decision of DMC to abandon its Medicaid Health Maintenance Organization business called the DMC Clinic Plan in 1999; Operations of OmniCare; Details on...
- Omnicare downgraded. // Dow Theory Forecasts;9/27/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 39, p6
Reports on the downgrade of the credit rating of Omnicare. Profits of the company for the quarter ended June 2004.
- Late news. Smith, Jennette; McCracken, Jeffrey; Barkholz, David; Ankeny, Robert; Kosdrosky, Terry; Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;05/17/99, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p1
Reports on business news and developments in Detroit, Michigan as of May 17, 1999. Includes Barton Malow Co.'s plans of constructing a new headquarters; OmniCare Health Plan of Detroit's casino contract; MS Acquisition Corp.'s purchase of Zenith Industrial Corp.