Houston Officials OK $4.3 Billion Capital Plan
- Austin Plans Slightly Bigger Issue To Cover a Laundry List of Needs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31210, p3
Reports on Austin, Texas' plans to issue bonds on August 30, 2001, to fund capital projects. Features of the bond deal; Examples of projects to be funded using proceeds from the deal.
- Birmingham GOs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p29
Reports on the issuance of general obligation bonds for capital improvement projects in Birmingham, Alabama. List of projects recommended by the City Council; Release of Go bond referendum; Value of bonds issued.
- Illinois considers creative bonding deals. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;04/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30624, p28
Announces that Illinois is considering various funding options to help pay for capital improvements proposed by Governor George Ryan's infrastructure task force. Issuance of grant anticipation notes for various transportation projects; Possible use of funds from the national tobacco settlement.
- Emerging market boom beckons SA. Steyn, Greta // Finance Week;3/24/2003, p49
Reports on the emerging market boom for bonds in South Africa in 2003. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on capital markets.
- Economic Capital Defined. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;11/5/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 45, p33
Provides an overview of economic capital. Definition of economic capital; Reasons for choosing corporate bond default rates in providing firms with intuition around acceptable probabilities of ruin; Reason for not using insurance company default rates.
- Senate to Act on bill changing territory's issuing authority. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/05/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30740, p5
No abstract available.
- New issues make a final run before year-end. // High Yield Report;12/14/98, Vol. 9 Issue 48, p5
Reports on the strength of new bond issues at the end of 1998. Increases of issues that were add-ons to outstanding debt; Equipment-lease deals priced.
- Dealing with debt. Pringle, Curt // Orange County Business Journal;03/09/98, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p46
Opinion. Presents the author's view about bonds and the prioritization of capital investment. Costs of borrowing money to pay for a capital project; Troubling about the current bond debt.
- Corporate bonds becoming popular. Van Zyl, Johann // Finance Week;6/14/2002, p12
Reports the enthusiastic response of the companies on bond issues in the U.S. Emphasis on the approach for international capital markets; Restriction of capital markets to local issues; Factors contributing the growth corporate bonds.
- General Obligation Bond Prices for February 8, 2002. // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p37
Presents market statistics related to general obligation bond prices of the U.S. capital market as of February 11, 2002. Prices of long-term bonds of the U.S. states; Credit ratings of different cities.