House Panel Votes to Extend Moratorium on Internet Taxation
- CFOs Favor Internet Tax Freedom. // Financial Executive;May2001, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on the favoring of Internet access taxes by chief financial officers (CFO). RHI Management Resources surveyed 1,400 CFOs on their tax preferences. Respondents to said they favor an extension of the 3-year moratorium on Internet access taxes and multiple or discriminatory...
- The electronic revolution. Offen, Trevor // Chartered Accountants Journal;Oct97, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p46
Discusses electronic commerce tax issues in New Zealand. Statistics on world-wide Internet connections; Commercial implications of statistics; Business tax-planning opportunities and pitfalls; Compliance issues; Tax considerations for electronically based income-generating assets.
- Internet popularity creating critical tax liability. Vest, Marshall // Inside Tucson Business;06/21/99, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p5
Part II. Discusses the implications of the growth in Internet commerce for public institutions that depend on sales taxes in Arizona. Compliance issues in Internet purchases that prevent tax collection; Taxation of catalog and Internet sales.
- Internet taxes get double-teamed. Green, John // Treasury & Risk Management;Apr97, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p13
Focuses on the development in the US Congress with the proposed legislation prohibiting tax impositions on the Internet by Senator Ron Wyden and Representative Christopher Cox. Necessity for a rational policy on whether to tax electronic commerce or not; Relationship between the Internet's...
- Taxing news. McGarvey, Robert // Entrepreneur;Oct96, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p38
Reports on a proposal to tax Internet access at state and local levels in the United States. Proposal of city authorities in Tacoma, Washington on a six percent tax; Opposition of the online industry.
- `Free trade' on the Internet will hurt local governments. Carney, John // Aftermarket Business;Jun2000, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p19
Discusses the effect of free trade on the Internet on local governments. Tax implications of free trade on the Internet; Recommendation to make Internet-based transactions permanently tax exempt.
- Internet commerce raises vexing taxation questions. Chapman, Gary // Inside Tucson Business;03/10/97, Vol. 6 Issue 50, p15
Focuses on taxation issues regarding Internet commerce. Controversy over a proposal by the city of Austin, Texas to charge telecommunications carriers a portion of their gross revenues for the right to use city rights of way for wires, cables and switches; Complexity and absurdity of taxing...
- Debate spreads over online sales tax law. SOULE, ALEXANDER // Westchester County Business Journal;6/6/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 23, p22
The article reports on the battle of online retail companies, like Overstock.com Inc. and Amazon Inc., to fight the proposed direct sales tax on online purchases in the U.S.
- International tax implications of electronic commerce on outbound transactions. Bloom, Alan S.; Giusti, Robert S. // International Tax Journal;Fall97, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p45
Focuses on the international tax implications of electronic commerce on outbound transactions. Value of merchandise sales in 1996 generated by electronic commerce; Application of tax concepts to electronic commerce; Examination of the Internet; Description of a Treasury Department paper on the...