MBIA's Strong Earnings Driven by Expansion Overseas
- Mbia shows increase for fourth quarter. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;02/04/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30572, p30
Reports on the growth of MBIA Inc.'s net income for the fourth quarter of 1998. Factors contributing to the income growth; Core diluted earnings; Performance of the company's municipal and financial services operations.
- MBIA reports earnings up. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/11/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 45, p2
Reports on the financial results of Armonk, New York-based MBIA Inc., the holding company for MBIA Insurance Corp., in the first nine months of 2002.
- Bond Insurers: MBIA Nets $156 Million in Fourth Quarter, Up 15% Over 2000. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31319, p31
Reports on an increase in net income of bond insurer company MBIA Inc. during the fourth quarter of the year 2001. Total amount of income by the company in the duration; Percentage increase in the income of the company compared to the fourth quarter of 2001; Insurance income for the company...
- MBIA's Losses Overseas Diminish Net Income Increase. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;5/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31382, p5
Reports the increasing net income of bond insurer MBIA Inc. in New York. Adjustment of direct premiums in the global finance business; Growth of the domestic public finance; Consistency of the business activity.
- MBIA Announces 7% Drop in Net Income Last Quarter. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31877, p36
Reports on the decline in the net income of MBIA Inc. Earnings; Assessment of adjusted direct premiums; Domestic public finance.
- Elliot Retires As Chairman Of MBIA. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;05/31/99, Vol. 103 Issue 22, p12
Focuses on MBIA Inc., the holding company for MBIA Insurance Corp. Retirement of David Elliot as chairman; Identification of the person who will replace Elliot; One-time pre-tax reverse charge that the company took; Increase in the loss reverse factors of the company; Net income in the first...
- MBIA Reports 67% Growth in Earnings Per Share in 2000. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;02/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31073, p7
Reports on the growth of MBIA Inc.'s earnings per share in 2000. Gains in MBIA's structured and international finance business in the United States; Adjusted gross premiums in MBIA's public finance business.
- MBIA Announces $218 Million in Second-Quarter Net Income, a 50% Rise. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31694, p27
Presents information on the financial performance of Armonk, New York-based MBIA Inc. in 2002. Increase in second quarter net income of the company; Factors that affected the company's growth; Year-to-year decline in structured finance.
- MBIA Sees $2.4 Billion 1st Q Loss. // National Mortgage News;5/19/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p10
The article reports that mortgage-related bond insurer MBIA Inc. took a $2.4 billion net loss for the first quarter of 2008 in New York. It states that the reason for the net loss is due to the $3.6 billion unfulfilled mark-to-market pretax loss on insured derivatives. Jay Brown, chairman and...