Bill Passage Boosts Gas Bond Efforts
- Give a Hoot, Don't Pollute. Krummert, Bob // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan2004, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p17
Reports on the controversy surrounding a U.S. federal energy bill that would enable developers of the proposed Louisiana Riverwalk mall in Bossier City, Louisiana to fund their project with tax-free green bonds. Criticism of Republican Senator on the legislation; Budget for the legislation.
- Calif. Bill Turns on the Green Light. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;04/30/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31128, p1
Reports on California Assembly's passage of a bill to create a state power authority and authorize up to $5 billion in revenue bonds to increase the state's energy supply. Lawmakers' effort to amend at least two existing bills; Aim to set a specific dollar amount of power-purchase revenue bonds...
- Hawaii Passes Bill to Democratize Clean Energy. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;6/28/2013, p1
The article reports that Hawaii has passed a bill, SB 1087, that will allow the state to create and issue a Green Infrastructure Bond to promote clean energy projects. The bill is aimed at using low-cost capital through these bonds to provide access to affordable clean energy for all consumers...
- Tomorrow's engineer. McKew, Howard // Engineered Systems;Jul2001, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p98
Comments on improvements in the state energy code of Massachusetts. Updated requirements on building design and construction; Use of computer simulation to track energy usage in buildings; Impact of computer-aided technology on performance criteria in the energy industries.
- The need for comprehensive legislation in the Russian oil and gas industries. Wakefield, Laura A. // Case Western Reserve Journal of International Law;Winter97, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p149
Examines the need to develop a comprehensive energy law that will encourage foreign investment while limiting waste and environmental degradation in the Russian federation. Description of the oil and gas industries and the privatization process; Analysis of the development of Russian energy law;...
- Statement on Signing the Energy Act of 2000. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;11/20/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 46, p2833
Presents a speech given by United States President Bill Clinton on November 9, 2000, which deals with the signing of the Energy Act of 2000.
- Energy liberalization law approved by Parliament. // Modern Power Systems;May97, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p9
Reports on the Polish Parliament's approval of legislation that would liberalize the energy sector in Poland. Lower house's rejection of amendments to the act introduced by the upper house; Elimination of communist-era regulations which protected energy producers.
- Turkey. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;8/1/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 31, p26
Reports on the Turkey Parliament's approval of a build-operate law to overcome legal obstacles to private power stations. Award of five thermal power projects; Combined capacity of the facilities; Estimated costs; Major international companies that bid for the plants.
- Lights go out on Energy Bill. // National Petroleum News;Jan2003, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p7
Reports that negotiators from the U.S Senate have announced that there will be no energy bill in 2003.