- Diffusion to beat bullies. // PRWeek (London);2/20/2009, p10
The article reports that charity organization Beatbullying has briefed Diffusion PR to create a social media strategy that talks more effectively with young people, adults and key political figures online. Beatbullying will communicate to young people through blogs, forums, social networks and...
- Drinks industry lashes out at call to restrict online ads. Farber, Alex; Cooper, Will // New Media Age;1/14/2010, p04
The article reveals the lobby launched by the British alcohol industry association, Portman Group, against the British House of Commons. The latter recommended in its health committee report that digital advertising of alcohol should be restricted and banned from social networks. The Portman...
- TWITTER TRIUMPHS. Deva, Jim // Xtra West (Vancouver);5/7/2009, Issue 410, p17
The article presents the author's insight regarding the valuable of online social networking web site Twitter. The author asserts that such Internet social networking web site offers contribution as a lobbying tool. She points out that Twitter helps gather hundreds of people who did not know...
- Disabled users are denied access to Facebook, Google and Yahoo! Goldie, Luan // New Media Age;11/1/2007, p3
This article reports on the criticisms facing Great Britain's top online brands for blocking access by disabled users. The disability lobby have criticised Facebook, Gmail and Yahoo! for their continued use of Captchas, which are distorted visual and audio codes used to block spammers. These...
- The Literary Face of Facebook. // Scholastic Scope;2/22/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p5
The article offers information on the viability of the Facebook online network for authors including William Shakespear, Geoffrey Chaucer, and Jane Austen.
- Online Friendships. Farrington, Jan // Current Health 2;Apr/May2007, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p20
The article discusses the role of social-networking Web sites in teenage friendship.
- Well connected. McGinley, John Joe // Money Marketing;6/17/2010, p51
No abstract available.
- EDITOR BOY'S BIG EIGHT. Molenda, Michael // Guitar Player;Jul2009, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p22
The article presents several guitarists featured in myspace.com including Milt Gore, Noel Christian Riddell, and Adam Cook.
- Readers want AzBiz.com commenters to register. Hatfield, David // Inside Tucson Business;3/22/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p20
The author discusses the new rules to be carried out in making an online comment at AzBiz.com, wherein an individual is required to register first before giving a comment.