Eye on Quality: Technology Optimizes Client Service
- ASP you like it. Chrumka, Anthony // Money Marketing;2/7/2002, p58
Discusses the pros and cons of an application service provider (ASP) for independent financial advisers (IFAs). Concept of an ASP business; Factors IFAs should consider when implementing ASP.
- European ASPs find business market tough to crack. Golden, Paul // RCR Wireless News;8/5/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p16
Discusses the need for application service providers to change their business plans. Need for software companies to develop applications for mobile phones rather than personal digital assistants; Factor that led to industry fragmentation; Main problems for phone-based mobile application developers.
- ASK THE ENGINEERS. // CRN;Mar2009 Channel Advisor, p30
The article provides answers to a question of where do solution provider focus their efforts after getting into disaster recovery solutions.
- Outsourcing: picking what's best for your practice. Egan, Liam // Money Management;10/27/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p22
Focuses on the disadvantages of outsourcing paraplanning services in Australia. Implementation of a model where a financial planner starts outsourcing the provisional advice to a paraplanner; Idea of financial planners on paraplanners from outsourcing firms; Role of the outsourced paraplanner to...
- IBM SAYS ITS PARTNER INITIATIVES PAYING OFF. Zarley, Craig // CRN;3/20/2006, Issue 1188, p34
The article reports on the effectiveness of the proposed plan of IBM Global Services to partner more closely with solution providers in the small business market. IBM Global Services even made an announcement in 2005 that it will invest 300 million dollars to help its business partners develop...
- APPROACHING NIRVANA. Gamble, Richard // Treasury & Risk Management;May2006, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p20
The article reports on the approach of improved technology and vendor alliances in moving towards a single view of all corporate cash and risk management. A treasury workstation Finance Kit developed by Trema can link to other technologies such as Enterprise Resource Planning system from SAP...
- ASP INCUBATOR TAKES FIRST STEPS. Koblentz, Evan // eWeek;12/04/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p27
Reports the strategic plans of ASPn LLC incubation company for application service providers in Southfield, Michigan. Evolution of the WilCam Systems LLC attendance tracking software; Partnership of ASPn with the Integrated Business System & Services Inc. application integrator; Impact of...
- Slaying the Competition Dragon. Cameron, Preston // CMA Management;Mar2001, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p51
Discusses how companies can benefit from partnering with an application service provider (ASP) to manage the strategic functions of their business. Factors to consider when selecting ASP; Systems integrators; Bandwidth providers; Software vendors; Use of ASP for enterprise resource planning and...
- Implementing a New Finance System. Pugh, Steve // Accounting Technology;May2008 Integrated Solutions, p15
The article reports on the need to implement a new system in fnance department that can help drive efficiency and performance in the organization. It is suggested that enterprise resource planning or ERP, a system that covers all aspects of the business, is a better option for a company looking...