Delegation of Authority
- Delegation. Knippen, Jay T.; Green, Thad B. // Supervision;Mar90, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p7
Examines the importance of proper and effective delegation by managers in an industrial organization. Definition of the term `delegation'; Need for managers to know how to delegate; Instances when delegation is necessary; Ways that managers can delegate effectively.
- Delegate for results. Caudron, Shari // Industry Week/IW;2/6/95, Vol. 244 Issue 3, p27
Focuses on the importance of delegation in the workplace. Reasons why managers do not delegate more often; Developmental steps for effective delegation of authority; Three key management responsibilities that should never be delegated. INSETS: Organizational obstacles (obstacles to...
- Reverse delegation. Pollock, Ted // Electric Light & Power;May94, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p35
Discusses the management of reverse delegation by subordinates. Causes of reverse delegation.
- Management methods. Pollock, Ted // Electric Light & Power;Jul94, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p34
Cites the advantages of delegation as a good management technique. Approaches in delegating work includes giving out the right functions; Planning the job for delegation; Establishing standards and requirements; Ensuring necessary feedback and control procedures; Picking the right person;...
- Spread the Wealth. Sitterly, Connie // OfficePro;Mar1999, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p7
Focuses on effective delegation as a managerial act. First step in delegation; Tips to keep in mind when delegating responsibilities.
- DETERMINING RELATIVE DEGREES IN THE DELEGATION OF EXECUTIVE AUTHORITY. Wickesberg, Albert K. // Journal of the Academy of Management;Apr58, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p18
Focuses on the determination of relative degrees in the delegation of executive authority. Components that must be considered in any attempt to determine the relative amounts of delegation present in the performance of executive responsibilities; Quantifying degrees of delegation; Calculation...
- the art and skill of delegating. Weiss, W.H. // Supervision;Sep2000, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p3
Presents the art and skill of delegating. Reasons for resisting delegation; How to select the best person to do a specific job; Factors to consider in meeting the job requirements.
- The gentle art of delegation. Dunne, Patrick // Management Today;Dec1999, p89
Offers advice to a businessowner about the art of delegation. What jobs to delegate; Issues.
- delegating. Urbaniak, Anthony J. // Supervision;May2003, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p3
Talks about the issue of delegation in a workplace. Mistakes committed by supervisors when delegating work; Reasons supervisors fail to delegate.