How to Turn an Annuity into Monthly Income, Part III
- Selling Notebook. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Apr99, Vol. 99 Issue 12, p76
Presents update on the life insurance industry in the United States as of April 1999. Information on the single-premium deferred annuity product developed by Keyport Life Insurance Co.; Variable annuity sales in 1998; Winners of the 1998 Dalbar Annuity Service Award.
- Bid for Persistency. Hughes, Michael; House, Jeff // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Aug99, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p26
Provides information on the annuity operations of life insurers in the United States. Lapse rates of fixed annuities in the 1980s and early 1990s; Glossary of terms used in the annuity market; Impacts of distribution channels; Approaches to retain annuity businesses.
- Variable & fixed annuities have fueled growth. Harris, Shelly // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/09/96, Vol. 100 Issue 37, p21
Reports on the growth of the life insurance market in 1995. Increase in premiums and fund deposits; Increase in sales of variable and fixed annuities; Shift of annuity market from an emphasis on products with guarantees to widely offering contracts that earn a rate of return tied to actual...
- The Traditional Life Insurance and Annuity Company. Hogue, Robert D. // Insurance Advocate;04/10/99, Vol. 110 Issue 15, p36
Looks at the growth of the life insurance and annuity market in the United States. Challenges in the earnings growth of the life insurance industry; Forces that will influence life insurance policy profit margins; Merger and acquisition deals in the life insurance industry that entail the...
- Some fixed plans fare well in lower interest era. PFEIFER, TIMOTHY C. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/18/99, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p7
Discusses the fixed annuities that will likely succeed in a lower interest environment in the United States. Complications in Equity-Indexed Annuities (EIA); Difference between Declared Rate EIA and annual ratchet EIA; What Direct Recognition Annuities provide.
- Senators Weigh In Against Clinton's Life Ins. Tax Plans. BROSTOFF, STEVEN // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/22/99, Vol. 103 Issue 12, p3
Reports that two members of the United States Senate Finance Committee are urging the Senate to reject the tax increase on life insurance and annuities contained in the 2000 budget. Reason for the move; Comments from both senators; Implication of such increase.
- Get Ready, Annuity/DI Packages Are On The Way. Blazzard, Norse N.; Hasenauer, Judith A. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/5/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 10, p19
Focuses on the annuity and disability insurance packages being offered by financial marketing-organizations in the United States. Description of the annuity products; Difficulties in contacting existing annuity policyholders; Sales of non-traditional distributors of annuities; Importance of...
- Bank-sold annuity targets low-deposit buyers. Koco, Linda // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/13/94, Vol. 98 Issue 24, p13
Features Ford Life's Money Builder Annuity. Product features; Premium; Commission structure; Encouraging monthly deposits; Saving habits of people in the 35-40 age range; Target market of deferred annuities; Consequence of their marketing on banks' ability to attract deposits.
- A Monthly Guarantee. Jones, Lucretia DiSanto // Advisor Today;May2002, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p18
Discusses the use of a reversionary annuity in the U.S. Pros and cons of the life insurance product; Information on the annuity products offered by the Stewardship Company of Baltimore, Maryland; Details on the determination of an annuity product's premium.