Time to Change Disability Income Policies?
- DI Cost An Issue? Look At A Life/DI Rider. DeMarco, Vincent // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/5/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 10, p10
Offers a look at the coverage of disability insurance (DI) in the United States. Ways in which workers can obtain such insurance; Significance of the cost of individual DI; How insurance companies can reach the under-penetrated market.
- Unbundled DI Products Fit Client Needs. Lauber, Brian J. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/5/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 10, p20
Provides information on the unbundling of the disability insurance (DI) products to fit client needs in the United States. Flexibility of the unbundled DI; Benefits offered to client; Drawbacks of unbundled DI.
- Sell DI Insurance To Protect Savings In Retirement Plans. Mullen, Dennis P. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/30/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 18, p14
Focuses on the disability insurance (DI), an insurance product that help clients to continue saving for retirement during disability in the United States. Advantages of DI; Markets of DI with good potential; Considerations in approaching prospects about DI product.
- Cadillac Comeback. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Apr2002, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p59
Provides information on disability insurance. Resurgence of own-occupation policies; Evidence of the availability of generous disability insurance; Ways to cut disability premiums.
- How to Make Group Disability Insurance Work Better. // Agent's Sales Journal;Oct2010, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p12
The article offers tips on how to take advantage of group disability insurance including understanding how long-term disability insurance is sold and asking the client's certificate of coverage.
- Hurdles remain for disability brokers. // Employee Benefit News;Jul2002, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p3
Focuses on the lack of knowledge on the need for a disability insurance among employee-consumers in the U.S., according to a market study by Jim Smith of Conning Research. Impact of the lack of knowledge on the growth of the disability insurance industry; Risk posed by the lack of knowledge on...
- Overcoming Objections to DI. Dulisse, Richard A. // Advisor Today;Nov2003, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p18
Focuses on the interest of consumers to invest on the disability income (DI) insurance in the U.S. Factors that hinder prospective clients to purchase DI coverage in their plans; Necessity to provide information among people on the probabilities of long-term disability suffering in the later...
- Invalidity and early retirement. // OECD Economic Surveys: Switzerland;Dec2000, p161
Discusses disability insurance and disability pensions in Switzerland. Costs of disability benefits; Increase in the share of disabled in the population; Criteria for invalidity.
- Much ado about disability. ROBERTS, GILLIAN // Employee Benefit Adviser;May2013, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p38
The article discusses disability insurance as a selling point for brokers with disability products as research reveals a wide gap between federal and private long-term disability (LTD) insurance in the U.S. It reports that the number of Americans receiving federal disability pension has almost...