Enjoy the Process
- Thoreau rides with today's commuters. Shi, David // Christian Science Monitor;12/13/96, Vol. 89 Issue 14, p19
Focuses on Henry David Thoreau, author of the book `Walden.' Background information on Thoreau; Reasons why Thoreau wrote the book.
- From Walden, or Life in the Woods. Thoreau, Henry David // Hutchinson Literary Extracts;2007, p1
The article presents an excerpt from the book "Walden, or Life in the Woods," by Henry David Thoreau.
- Henry David Thoreau's WALDEN Life in the Woods. Thoreau, Henry David // Read;4/15/2005, Vol. 54 Issue 16, p6
The article presents excerpts from the book "Walden; Or, Life in the Woods," by Henry David Thoreau.
- Walden // Magill Book Reviews;
These autobiographical essays, notable for their reflective wisdom and beautiful prose style, are an engaging blend of social criticism, philosophical discussion, and nature description.
- $14.72 1/2. Rupp, B. // Mother Earth News;Jan/Feb90, Issue 121, p70
A look at Henry David Thoreau's gardening expenses for the spring of 1845 ($14.72 1/2) sets a present day gardener off on an ambling tour of the history of humans and horticulture.
- Walden: a centenary. Moloney, Michael F. // America;3/27/1954, Vol. 90 Issue 26, p683
No abstract available.
- A man for all seasons. Gilmour, Peter // U.S. Catholic;May98, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on the one hundred thirty-sixth death anniversary of Henry David Thoreau. Importance of such works as `Walden' and `Civil Disobedience'; Relevance of his influences through Ralph Waldo Emerson and his diligence to do library readings; Use of his writing talent to champion causes such...
- Unlocking the secrets of the Tappan chair. Carey, Richard Adams // Yankee;May93, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p90
Profiles Gunnar Berg of Sandwich, N.H., a cabinetmaker who has revived a 170-year-old furniture-making tradition with his Tappan chairs. His first encounter with a Tappan chair; Reasons for the chairs' strength and durability; History of the chairs, first made by Abraham Tappan in the early...
- Deconstructing the Shed: Where I Live and What I Live For. Alexander, Samuel // Concord Saunterer;2010, Vol. 18, p124
In this essay the author discusses the impact of the book "Walden" by Henry David Thoreau, on his life and work, with an emphasis on his living in a shed to experience simple living.