- BA's legal tussle shows disdain for customers. Calder, Simon // Travel Weekly (UK);2/12/2010, Vol. 5, p10
The article focuses on the legal fight between British Airways PLC and the association of its cabin crews.
- Eweida v British Airways plc. Beevor, Justin; Atherton, Rachel // Employers Law;Feb2008, p8
The article discusses a court case wherein an employee of British Airways was prohibited to wear a small cross with her uniform and claimed that such action was religious discrimination. The case caused the airline much negative publicity and the tribunal decided to dismiss the claim. The...
- AVIATION LAW (MONTREAL CONVENTION). // International Law Update;Dec2008, Vol. 14, p193
The article discusses a court case wherein the plaintiff Beverley Anne Barclay was injured after slipping on the standard floor track on board the British Airways PLC. The Great Britain Court of Appeal examined the claimed damage in accordance to the plaintiff's acquired injury. The court in its...
- Airline warfare. // Business Press;8/02/96, Vol. 9 Issue 14, p15
Reports on a lawsuit filed by USAir against British Airways in July 1996, challenging BA's new marketing partnership with American Airlines Inc.
- Can USAir go it alone after split with BA? Takemoto, Paul; Small, Stacy H. // Travel Agent;11/4/96, Vol. 283 Issue 12, p2
Reports on the lawsuit filed by USAir Corp. against British Airways PLC (BA) for entering a partnership agreement with American Airlines. Breech of contract claimed by the company with BA; Intention of USAir to end an alliance previously formed with BA. INSET: Effect on flyers..
- Religious symbols and workers' rights. Clarke, Mary // Personnel Today;1/29/2008, p11
The article presents information on a court case related to British Airways PLC and its employee N. Eweida. Eweida brought claims under the Employment Equality (Religion or Belief) Regulations 2003 of direct and indirect discrimination, and harassment, as well as a claim for unlawful deduction...
- British Airways tribunal claims continue to rise. // Personnel Today;6/17/2008, p4
The article reports that the number of employment tribunal claims filed against British Airways PLC has risen for the second consecutive year in Great Britain. According to a report, the airline was served with 69 new tribunal claims during 2007-08, which is up from 45 the previous year and 39...
- BA and Branson court fight to go ahead. Macrae, Duncan // Interavia Business & Technology;Feb95, Vol. 50 Issue 587, p27
Reports on an American court's decision that Virgin Atlantic Airways PLC's lawsuit against British Airways PLC for anti-trust violations may go ahead.
- Reserving the Right to Change Terms and Conditions: How Far Can the Employer Go? Reynold Qc, Frederic; Hendy Qc, John // Industrial Law Journal;Jan2012, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p79
The authors discuss the rights of employer to include a provision for changing the terms of conditions of employment and their discretion. They present their comments on several court cases Bateman & ors. v. Asda Stores Ltd., Autoclenz v. Belcher, and Malone v. British Airways. They emphasized...