Directors in denial
- Proud to be 'an HR person.'. Hevron, Connie // People Management;2/25/2010, p16
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an interview with Lucy Adams, director of people at the British Broadcasting Corp., in the January 28, 2010 issue.
- Top job... // Personnel Today;5/20/2008, p34
This article presents an interview with Lucy Adams, human resource (HR) director at Eversheds. When asked where was he working before, and what were his responsibilities, he replied that he was at Serco Group, where he was responsible for the design and delivery of the people strategy. He also...
- Paths to the Top. // HR Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p38
Reports on the findings of a survey on human resource executives in large companies in the United States. Increase in the number of executives without human resource background; Corporate departments from which human resource executives come from.
- It's All About Context and Implementation Some Thoughts prompted by: Unlocking the Human Potential for Public Sector Performance -- The United Nations World Public Sector Report 2005. Lavelle, John // Public Personnel Management;Fall2006, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p217
The 2005 World Public Sector Report makes a significant contribution to our understanding of the drivers of public sector performance. It skillfully manages to meld scholarship, breath, specificity and pragmatism into a unified and coherent whole: it is thought provoking and surely required...
- The Response of Canadian Public and Private Sector Human Resource Professionals to the Challenge of the Aging Workforce. Armstrong-Stassen, Marjorie; Templer, Andrew J. // Public Personnel Management;Fall2006, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p247
Upper-level HR managers in 493 public and private sector organizations provided information about the extent to which their organization is actively engaging in HR activities directed at recruiting and retaining older managerial and professional employees. Currently, 50 percent or more of the...
- one step back, two steps forward. Moir, Stephen // Personnel Today;3/25/2008, p29
The article comments on the need for public sector Human Resource (HR) professionals to understand the challenges involved in the profession. According to the author, there are five key challenges which public sector HR needs to address. One of them is leadership. He thinks that shaping...
- Develop good habits. Murphy, Lynn // People Management;04/02/98, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p72
Offers tips for personnel management professionals on how to implement CPD programs. Types of behavior of personnel management professionals of keep CPD records.
- Future challenges and opportunities for the HR profession. Heneman III, Herbert G.; Metzler, Cynthia A.; Thomas, Jr., R. Roosevelt; Donohue, Thomas J.; Frantzreb, Riachard B. // HRMagazine;Mar98, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p68
Discusses the future challenges and opportunities in the human resource (HR) profession. Methods of teaching HR competencies to line managers; Risks faced by HR professionals; Challenges faced by HR professionals who hope to remain relevant to their organizations.
- THE POLITICS OF MANAGING PEOPLE. Gerardi, Michael T. // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct78, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p10
No abstract available.