SEC Files Suit Against Three Coopers CPAs Over AHERF
- Top Five Ways a CPA Can Be Sued. Piety, Chris // Trusted Professional;11/1/2009, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p13
The article presents five means where a certified public accountant (CPA) can be litigated.
- Notice of Decision of the Disciplinary Tribunal. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Mar2010, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p75
The article presents a hearing of the Disciplinary Tribunal of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of New Zealand where the Disciplinary Tribunal regarded an ex-parte application from the Professional Conduct Committee.
- Setting the standards used by the law. Gwilliam, David // Accountancy;Apr1986, Vol. 97 Issue 1112, p17
Reports that the judgment in the Lloyd Cheyham v. Littlejohn case raised a number of important issues for the accountancy profession in Great Britain. Judicial interpretation of accounting standards; Possible restriction of the duty of care owed by auditors to third parties.
- Law case round-up. // Accountancy;Mar1999, Vol. 123 Issue 1267, p90
Discusses two cases related to accounting in Great Britain. 'Bevan Ashford v Geoff Yeandle Ltd'; 'Demite Ltd v Protec Health Ltd.'
- Suppose you're sued? // Accounting Technology;Mar99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, pSR-10
Discusses how accountants can defend themselves in a malpractice lawsuit by asking themselves certain basic questions. Screening clients carefully as the best defense against litigation according to DPIC Cos. Inc.; Specific factors that should be discussed when evaluating the client.
- Recording Debt Collector's Conversation with Debtor: Be Careful What You Say. // Consumer Credit & Truth-in-Lending Compliance Report;Aug2013, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p3
The article discusses the court case Hallmark v. Overton, Russell, Doerr and Donovan, LLP wherein the judge ruled that Hallmark sufficiently claimed false representation prohibited by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and denied the debt collector's motion to dismiss Hallmark's lawsuit.
- Finance, law and accounting briefs. L.L. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/15/96, Vol. 43 Issue 29, p10
Reports on news updates related to finance, law and accounting briefs in Long Island, New York, as of July 15, 1996. Includes LI Bancorp's acquisition of two mortgage origination offices in Pennsylvania and North Carolina; Marine Midland Bank's completion of its acquisition of the East River...
- Exam row rages. // Accountancy;Sep90, Vol. 106 Issue 1165, p12
Reports on the lawsuit filed by several accounting students against the Quebec-based accounting institute Ordre des compables agrees du Quebec as of September 1990. Case background; Quebec-based French universities' threat to withdraw from the Uniform Final Exam system unless the year 1989...
- How to protect your assets against lawsuit. Burros, David // San Diego Business Journal;4/15/96, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p23
Focuses on protecting assets of business owners and executives against lawsuits. Economic incentive of contigency-fee law firms; Information on the concept of litigation; Process of asset protection; Classification of asset protection techniques; Using family limited partnership (FLP) as an...