- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, September 8. // Bond Buyer;9/8/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31714, p2
Presents financial statistics related to several bonds and securities deals in the U.S. during the first week of September 2003. Names of issuers and underwriters of various deals; Details of economic indicators for the week; Position of government securities on Friday September 5, 2003.
- Muni Yields Rise 7-10 Basis Points In Sympathy With Sliding Treasuries. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31687, p2
Reports that municipal bond yields increased between seven and 10 basis points on July 28, 2003 in the U.S. Impact of decline in treasuries and equities on bond yields; Amount received by bond underwriters for the University of Massachusetts Building Authority revenue bonds; Role of...
- New Insurer Revisits Old Model. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;11/9/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33413, p1
The article reports the plan of David Stevens, chief executive officer (CEO) of XL Capital Assurance, to launch the Affinity MacroFinance (AMF) in the U.S. The AMF is a mutual finance guaranty insurance firm, which focused on municipal bond insurance. It notes Stevens' optimism regarding the...
- Cracking Mexican wrap culture. Ossa, Felipe // Asset Securitization Report;2/12/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p15
The author offers his insights regarding investment options preferred by Mexican investors. According to the author, Mexican investors would like to put their wealth in government securities rather than in any domestic triple-A corporate or asset-backed securities. The author believes that...
- Market Post: Munis Outperform Treasuries. Renick, Oliver // Bond Buyer;3/3/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34068, p1
The article informs that the municipal bond market that was outperforming treasuries as a lack of new bonds continues to hold yields at low levels. Topics discussed include fixed income strategic planning, running of municipal market on supply demand than on capital markets, and increase in the...
- AFGI and Its Members Look for Ways to Tap European Market. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;12/7/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32024, p6
The article reports that the members of the Association of Financial Guaranty Insurers assembled with European institutional investors in London, England as part of an industry campaign to make headway in the European market. Unlike the U.S. municipal market--in which about 50% of municipal...
- GFOA Committee OKs Policy Criticizing Muni Market Patents. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;1/28/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32803, p6
The article reports on the approval of the Government Finance Officers Association's committee on governmental debt management of a public policy law that would restrict the patenting of tax strategies or business practices in the municipal market. The policy warns that these patents could...
- Municipals End Mixed in Light Trading Ahead of Today's Jobs Report for June. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;7/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31175, p2
Reports the municipal trading of treasury bond in the United States. Stock futures trading pointed to lower open equities; Addition of jobs to non-farm payrolls; Market activity of retail investors.
- briefs. CARMONA, JOSÉ L. // Caribbean Business;10/24/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 41, p15
The article reports on the pressure facing financial services provider UBS over a 2007 bond deal in Puerto Rico, and the capitalization of a municipal insurance unit of bond insurers MBIA Inc. and Assured Guaranty Ltd.