Little Rock Taps Texan for Finance Chief
- Zarb to Take Nassau's Fiscal Reins. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/17/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30851, p1
Announces the appointment of Frank G. Zarb as National Association of Securities Dealers adviser and chairman to oversee the finances of Nassau County in New York. Reactions of Democrats on the appointment; Deficits faced by the County; List of firms as financial advisers for Nassau; Views of...
- Tax in brief. // Accountancy;Sep78, Vol. 89 Issue 1021, p28
Reports developments related to tax as of September 1978. Appointment of Donald Leonard Bryars as Commissioner of Customs and Excise; Publications on the Green Paper for income treatment in the family; Inclusions of personal tax allowances and principles of aggregation.
- Public Finance Vet Juarez Moves to California Treasurer's Office. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;10/31/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34603, p1
Public finance veteran Steve Juarez was appointed deputy treasurer in charge of economic development programs and higher education policy today by California Treasurer John Chiang.
- Government shake-up in Poland. // Regional Today;11/21/2013, p4
The article announces the appointment of Mateusz Szczurek as finance minister of Poland on November 20, 2013.
- Rikus Delport Finance Week's new editor. // Finance Week;8/3/2001, p7
Presents the appointment of Rikus Delport as an editor of Finance Week (FW) in South Africa. Plans of Delport for the magazine; Commitment of Delport on increasing the wealth-creation for the investor; Expectations of Delport from FW.
- The New Government in Washington. Verdier, Stephen J. // Community Banker;Aug2001, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p26
Focuses on the financial and housing-related appointments of United States President George W. Bush. Nomination of Donald E. Powell as chairman of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.; Delegation of James Gilleran as Director of the Office of Thrift Supervision; Designation of Tim O'Neill as...
- Cheat Sheet: The Clash Over White House Banking Appointments. Finkle, Victoria // American Banker;8/10/2015, Vol. 180 Issue 123, p0
The article presents some of the frequently asked questions about the status of financial appointments in 2015 and why the growing tensions between Republicans and Democrats are making the process more difficult. Topics discussed include the objections by lawmakers on the lack of judicial and...
- Calif. Dems Seek FHFA Recess Appointment. Wack, Kevin // American Banker;1/13/2012, Vol. 177 Issue F302, p5
The article mentions 28 U.S. House Democratic legislators from California sent a letter to U.S. President Barack Obama urging him to make a recess appointment for the Federal Housing Finance Agency, which is being led by acting director Edward DeMarco.
- Pravin Gordhan. Klein, Marcia // Finweek;1/14/2016, p28
The article announces the appointment of Pravin Gordhan as South Africa Minister of Finance.