Powerful Senator Warns of Potential Abuse in Internet Tax
- Baucus muscle. // Hill;3/10/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p20
The author reflects on the management style of Senator Max Baucus of Montana as the Finance Committee chairman.
- Baucus: GATT doomed if shortfall is covered. Barrett, Joyce // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/20/1994, Vol. 167 Issue 98, p19
Reports on the speech of the chairman of the Senate Trade Subcommittee Senator Max Bauchus on the possible doom of the GATT if Congress will come up with $13 billion coverage for lost revenues. Clinton administration's demand; Extension of the Generalized System of Preferences; Waiving the...
- STREET TALK. Walters, Cathrine L. // Missoula Independent;4/25/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p4
The article presents views of several people on the decision of U.S. Senator Max Baucus for not appearing for re-election in 2014 including Glen Phelps, Ethel MacDonald, and Mac McGregor.
- Inside politics. Stanglin, Douglas; Walsh, Kenneth T. // U.S. News & World Report;2/12/96, Vol. 120 Issue 6, p20
Explores the decision by Montana Democratic senator Max Baucus to support the balanced-budget amendment. His change of heart possibly correlating with his filing for re-election in February 1996; Strategists and aides preparing replies for inquiries about Baucus' vote to increase taxes in 1993...
- Senate Finance Chair Baucus to Retire. DEPAUL, JENNIFER // Bond Buyer;4/24/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33900, p1
The article announces that Senate Finance Committee chairman Max Baucus will not seek re-election next year for the U.S. Senate.
- Baucus Nominated Ambassador to China. Shearer, P. Scott // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;1/ 6/2014, p6
The article reports that U.S. President Barack Obama has nominated Democratic Senator Max Baucus as U.S. Ambassador to China.
- Ganging up on Baucus: Democrats sore after being kept out of the room. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;9/17/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 104, p1
The article reports that the Democrats were insulted when U.S. Senator Max Baucus did not choose them to join the closed-door meetings for his health care reform bill.
- Sen. Max Baucus Chooses Retirement Over Reelection in 2014. SHAN, JANET // Moderate Voice;4/23/2013, p11
A blog related to the decision of Max Baucus, a Senator from Montana, to retire in 2014 is discussed.
- ETC. // Missoula Independent;12/26/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 52, p7
The article announces that the U.S President Barack Obama has nominated Montana's senior Democratic senator Max Baucus as ambassador to China.