Rare Good News for Big Dig: Construction Bid Comes in Under Budget
- Egypt. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/24/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 17, p20
Reports that the French Interinfra consortium and Osman Ahmed Osman and Company, the local Arab contractors received the construction contract for two road tunnels in Egypt. Identification of the area which the tunnels will link; What the tunnel system will replace; Indication that the two...
- RANT! Tyrrell, Brent // Contract Journal;9/26/2007, Vol. 440 Issue 6644, p52
The article presents the author's views on competitive bidding in the construction industry. He argues that it is easy to get short-changed when it comes to quality of service when the key factor in appointing a specialist contractor is cost. He claims that one of the main limitations of...
- Cut-throat bidding hits northern firms for six. Prior, Grant // Contract Journal;7/29/2009, Vol. 448 Issue 6731, p17
The article informs that contractors across Yorkshire and Humberside, England, are tendering for work at below cost price. Companies other than that of public sector frameworks are involved in a frantic scramble for turnover as a growing number of firms chase a dwindling pool of contracts....
- Sarmiento goes underground. // Railway Gazette International;Apr2006, Vol. 162 Issue 4, p176
The article reports on the launch of the tendering process for the construction of a four-track railroad tunnel between Caballito and Villa Luro in Buenos Aires, Argentina on February 21, 2006. The project is expected to be completed after three years. It covers the rebuilding of four...
- Doha metro Red Line tunnelling awards due in March. SPONG, REBECCA // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/8/2013, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p16
The article reports that contracts involving the tunneling works for the North and South Red Lines of the Doha metropolitan subway in Qatar are expected to be awarded in March 2013. According to chief executive officer of Qatar Railways Company (Qrail), Saad al-Muhannadi, bids for the project...
- Cairo metro bidders line up. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/24/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p23
The article reports on the contract bids received by the National Authority for Tunnels on the Cairo metro project on Egypt. The estimated cost for the first phase of the project is cited. The scope of the project are mentioned. Information on the metro project is provided.
- Firms vie for Â£400M tunnel contract. // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Feb2009, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the bidding for infrastructure contracts under Thames Water's London Tideway Tunnels scheme in England. FCC, Laing O'Rourke-Impreglio joint venture, Morgan Est-Vinci-Bachy consortium and the Murphy-Hochtief alliance are included in the shortlist that will build the Lee...
- Selected construction jobs in bidding. // Las Vegas Business Press;05/12/97, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p22
Provides contact information in passing bids to construction projects in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Selected construction jobs in bidding. // Las Vegas Business Press;07/14/97, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p3
Notes bidding for local construction contracts in Las Vegas, Nevada as of July 14, 1997.