Busted Capital Budget May Force N.Y.C. Board of Ed to Outsource
- Principals for a day. // Crain's New York Business;5/9/94, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p43
Reports on the number of executives and celebrities who participated in the Board of Education's Principal for a Day program in New York City, New York.
- Sharing an idea, or two, on the job. Newcomb, Amelia // Christian Science Monitor;5/9/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 117, p15
Reports on methods employed by Harold Levy to influence the level of debate among members of the New York City Board of Education.
- School repair money short. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;10/18/93, Vol. 9 Issue 42, p62
Reports on the budget shortfall of the New York Board of Education. Five million left for emergency repairs; Ill-preparedness for catastrophes like floods or fires; Struggling with price of asbestos cleanup; Backlog of refurbishments costing one billion.
- Live and learn. // American School & University;Apr95, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p17
Reports on plans for a 324,000-square-foot mixed-use building in Battery Park City, New York, N.Y. that will house 100,000 square feet of educational space for an elementary school. New York City Board of Education's plan to lease the educational space for grades Kindergarten-8; Total cost of...
- Ban Bake Sales? // Junior Scholastic;5/10/2010, Vol. 112 Issue 16, p6
The article reports that the New York City Board of Education banned bake sales to reduce obesity of children in New York City.
- 18 named in graft. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;5/23/94, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p38
Reports that Federal prosecutors charged a senior lawyer and 17 others of New York City's Board of Education's Facilities Division with paying or taking bribes for awarding contracts. Division's responsibilities.
- Day at school. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;3/20/95, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the New York City Board of Education's plan to expand its `principal for a day' program. Participation of senior executives; Donations given to schools.
- Public hearing on Caribbean Creole students. Jingles, Julian // New York Amsterdam News;3/25/95, Vol. 86 Issue 12, p39
Reports the public hearing of the problems of Creole speaking Caribbean students at the Hall of the Board of Education, Brooklyn, on March 24, 1995.
- New York school board votes to stress abstinence, not condoms. // Jet;1/15/96, Vol. 89 Issue 9, p23
Reports that the New York City Board of Education has voted to implement an AIDS education curriculum that remove condom demonstrations and focuses on abstinence as the most effective way to avoid pregnancy and disease.