Tampa Bay Desalination Plant Achieves Performance Milestones
Tags: SALINE water conversion
- SAUDI ARABIA: DESALINATED WATER PROJECTS; OUTLOOK FOR DEREGULATION FDI AND NEW WATER MINISTRY. // Middle East Business Intelligence;5/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p2
States that Saudi Arabia's Saline Water Conversion Corp. is studying the implementation of 17 projects to meet rising demand for desalinated water in the country. Forecast on the rise of demand for desalinated water; Details of the projects; Plan of the government to deregulate the saline water...
- Water issues prompt new look at desalination. Bates, Lincoln // American City & County;Oct95, Vol. 110 Issue 11, p32
Offers a look at desalination to stretch water supplies, clean up polluted water and provide protection for aquifers. Desalination technology; Distillation and use of membranes; Stretching California's water supplies; Reducing dependence on imported water; Desalination in Florida; Disposal of...
- DESALINATION PEPPERS ISRAEL. Sandler, Neal // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/11/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 20, p16
Reports that the Israeli government is moving ahead as of November 2002 to meet its target for the large-scale production of desalinated water by 2005. Volume of water to be produced from desalination plants along the country's Mediterranean coast; Consortiums that were awarded the contract for...
- Morocco. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;02/07/97, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p21
Reports on the feasibility of a desalination plant that the Morocco government is considering putting up in Layoune. Negotiation with Office National de l'Eau Potable; Description of technology to be used; Patent application for technology.
- Salt water on tap. Uehling, M.D.; Brenning, J. // Popular Science;Apr91, Vol. 238 Issue 4, p82
Reports that as drought and irrigation take their toll, engineers are devising new methods for desalting seawater and agricultural runoff. Specifics on desalination research underway in Yuma, Ariz. and other locales. INSET: Plants with a taste for salt..
- `New' countercurrent demineralization techniques are carving a place in water treatment. Buecker, Brad // Power Engineering;Sep96, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p19
Discusses several demineralization schemes for treating water of various quality. Includes SAC/WBA; SAC/SBA; SAC/D/WBA/SBA.
- Drinking water from the sea. Russell, Eric // International Power Generation;Jul98, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p26
Investigates the options for nuclear desalination proposed for countries with shortages of fresh drinking water. Information on nuclear desalination; Details on Russia's plans to build nuclear reactors for power and water desalination.
- The heart of the beast: Machinery. Leaf, J.J. // Yachting;Jan89, Vol. 176 Issue 1, p96
Describes the design and functioning of two types of desalinators, reverse osmosis and evaporators. How to choose the desalinator for one's needs; Importance of maintenance. INSET: Buyers guide..
- Correction. // American City & County;Jul2005, Vol. 120 Issue 8, p10
Presents a correction to the article "Bridge Over Troubled Water" that was previously published in the June 2005 issue of the "American City & County" periodical.
- Water experts meet in Muscat. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;06/27/97, Vol. 41 Issue 26, p8
Focuses on the first meeting of the Research Advisory Council of the Middle East Desalination Research Center on June 17 and 18, 1997.