McDowell: Broadband Never Regulated as Title II
- What Now? MCADAMS, DEBORAH D. // TV Technology;4/1/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p6
The article presents information on personnel changes at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) including resiginations of Robert McDowell and Chairman Julius Genachowsk.
- Carriage-Rule Vote Delayed by FCC. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;7/25/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 29, p4
The article focuses on the delay regarding the vote on the proposed program-carriage order and notice of proposed rulemaking caused by Robert McDowell, a Republican and commissioner of the Federal Communications Commission.
- McDowell casts doubts on incentive auctions. Jackson, Donny // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;4/24/2012, p3
The article focuses on remarks from U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Commissioner Robert McDowell on the incentive-auction plan of the agency. McDowell joins others in believing that the auctions are unlikely to generate the expected spectrum. The plan requires television...
- Robert McDowell set to resign from agency. Sasso, endan // Hill;3/21/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p9
The article announces that commissioner Robert McDowell Federal is resigning from his post at the U.S. agency Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- McDour. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;8/6/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p10
The author talks about the decision of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on 700 MHz spectrum auction. According to him, the reaction to the approval was mixed. However, there is no one visibly and verbally downcast on what FCC had wrought than Commissioner Robert McDowell. For...
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;5/29/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on issues and events related to the telecommunications sector in the U.S. as of May 2006. The Federal Communications Commission has appointed Robert McDowell as its rive member. Ninety-five percent of the customers of Verizon Wireless Inc. use location-capable handsets.
- McDowell Says: Time to Stop Talk Of 'Title II' Regs. // Multichannel News;6/4/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p4
The article informs that according to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC's) commissioner Robert McDowell, FCC's Title II docket should be shut down immediately due to the proposals for international governmental oversight of the internet.
- FCC flying to a legal eagle. Triplett, William // Daily Variety;2/6/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 26, p6
The article reports on the nomination of Robert McDowell in the vacant commissioner position at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). This nomination will await approval by the Senate. FCC chairman Kevin J. Martin that McDowell will contribute to the commission with his expertise in...
- McDowell: DTV Worries Valid. McDowell, Robert // Multichannel News;9/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p46
The article presents an interview with the commissioner of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Robert McDowell. McDowell commented on allegations that FCC chairman Kevin Martin hated the cable industry. He also gave his opinion on the country's transition to digital...