Set-Tops to Get IP Shove?
- At the Portals:. // CableFAX Daily;8/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 155, p1
The article reports on the support of the National Cable Television Association to the plans of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to extend USF obligations to interconnected Voice Over Internet Protocol providers. The association, however, believes that the FCC should change its...
- AT&T Seeks Freedom at FCC. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;1/23/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p34
The article reports on the request of AT&T Inc. to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to eliminate regulations applicable to cable companies. The primary concern for the firm is the elimination of the franchise requirement and rules regarding Internet Protocol video services. AT&T...
- TNT tops prime time for 2nd quarter. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;7/3/95, Vol. 125 Issue 27, p20
Presents the details of the second quarter cable ratings of the networks for the year 1995. Emergence of TNT as the number-one prime time ratings position; Nickelodeon as the top-rated basic cable network; More.
- It's all in the timing. Bernier, Paula // Telephony;7/11/94, Vol. 227 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the results of the Viewer-Controlled Cable Television (VCTV) trial in the United States. Includes consumers' preference for video-on-demand; Response of female customers to movie order service from cable providers; Impulse buying of customers.
- Cable firms don't connect. Cahill, Joseph B. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/07/96, Vol. 19 Issue 41, p1
Focuses on the negative views of the Chicago public in regards to their cable television companies. Indepth look at the dissatisfaction of customers with services provided; Information on the changes to the monopoly of cable television; Reference to a survey conducted for `Crain's Chicago...
- Cable must `learn more about consumer attitudes toward what we carry'. Growald, Paul // Broadcasting & Cable;6/7/93, Vol. 123 Issue 23, p110
Opinion. Urges the cable industry to learn about consumer attitudes toward the content of cable television. Dissatisfaction with cable rates and service; Responding to realities in cable; Impact of television to people; Suggestions for controlling content.
- People's choice: Top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/18/96, Vol. 126 Issue 12, p52
Presents the people's top 15 basic cable programs and top five cable programs for the week of February 26 to March 3, 1996. Ranking by households tuning in.
- TCM, history and fX: The most appealing of the most likely. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;11/28/94, Vol. 124 Issue 48, p11
Focuses on the survey of cable networks in the United States. Ranking of cable networks by subscribers; Willingness of subscribers to pay monthly for a package of six channels; Suggestions for programming services from subscribers.
- People's choice. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/22/95, Vol. 125 Issue 21, p31
Presents ratings for emerging broadcast networks for the week of May 8-14, 1995, as compiled by Nielsen Media Research.