- '30 ROCK' CABLE READY. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;7/8/2009, Vol. 304 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the completion of the sales of NBC Television Network's "30 Rock" to cable providers Comedy Central and WGN America. The comedy series which stars Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin was said to have brought in $800,000 per episode. The series has sold for a surprisingly high price...
- Emerging Cable Network WGN America Looks to Cast Its Spell Over SXSW Film. Castillo, Michelle // Adweek;2/27/2015, p1
The article reports that U.S. cable and satellite channel WGN America and its original television series "Salem," will turn the official SXSW Film opening party into a complete with fortune tellers and other supernatural elements.
- Trib dark on Cablevision. // Daily Variety;8/27/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 40, p4
The article reports that Fox affiliate WTIC in Hartford, Connecticut and WGN America channel, which are the two stations owned by Tribune were blacked on Cablevision systems on August 25, 2012 as the retrans blackout stretches into its second week.
- UPFRONT SEASON: CONGESTION AHEAD. // Multichannel News;4/30/2012, Issue 18, p4
The article reports on the upfronts being set by several television networks such as WGN America, E!, and Fuel TV on May 14-17, 2012.
- Lisa Fischer. Adams, A. // Essence (Essence);Sep91, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p44
Profiles singer Lisa Fischer. Past work as background singer for Luther Vandross; Personal style; New solo album; Thoughts on her work.
- Laffnet brings back comedy kudos. // Daily Variety;3/7/2012, Vol. 314 Issue 47, p6
The article offers information on the event second annual Comedy Awards from Comedy Central which has an eclectic board of directors who select nominees.
- Ford drives Ion programming. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;11/30/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 40, p5
The article announces the appointment of John Ford as president of programming at Ion Media Networks Inc. in the U.S.
- Lawson Makes Case For Digital Multicast. // Multichannel News;7/6/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p25
An interview with John Lawson, vice president of Ion Media Networks Inc. is presented which focuses on the cable coverage, the existence of the Urban TV, and the statement of chairman Michael Copps regarding the cable.
- A BRAND NEW PITCH FOR WGN AMERICA. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/7/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 13, p30
The article discusses cable and television channel WGN America's launch of the "Salem" and "Manhattan" original series.