- CABLELABS CREATES INTEGRATED CABLE MODEM TEST PROGRAM. // Modem Users News;Sep2002, pN.PAG
Focuses on the integrated cable modem test program developed by CableLabs. Purpose of consolidating the certification testings of CableLabs; Advantages of the program; Information on the certification/qualification process of the firm.
- CableLabs starts testing for Wave 19. // CED;Sep2001, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on the operation of the Wave 19 certification and qualification process for cable modems by CableLabs. Schedule of the Wave 19 testing; Inclusions of the testing; Number of companies seeking 1.0 certification.
- More gear breaks through DOCSIS 1.1 barrier. // CED;Jul2002, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p12
Features DOCSIS 1.1 cable modem from CableLabs. Key features; Usability; Dependability.
- BRIEF. // Cable World (10427228);5/20/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p33
Reports on the effort of Bravo and Independent Film Channel to launch an on-air advertising campaign to push cable modems. Actors to be featured by the networks; Information on Go2Broadband, a service from CableLabs carried by the network.
- This just in. // Multichannel News;03/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p2
Reports on developments related to cable television in the United States, for the week ended March 13, 2000. Increase in the number of digital video subscribers; Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s certification of ten plug-and-play cable modems.
- DOCSIS 1.1 Test Wave Slated for October. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;08/14/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p12
Reports on first certification wave for DOCSIS 1.1 (Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification) equipment in the United States scheduled to begin October 23, 2000. Testing of the interoperability of cable modems and cable-modem-termination systems built into those specifications;...
- CableLabs Unifies Unicast Video Specs. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;11/17/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p48
The article reports on the move of CableLabs to release specification on how cable-headend equipment delivers personalized-television (TV) services in the U.S. According to the author, the standard is part of the company's overarching Modular Headend Architecture as well as modular cable modem...
- Harmonic convergence here? Freeman, Diane // Colorado Business Magazine;Dec97, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p16
Presents information about CableLabs, a research-and-development group backed by the cable industry. Goals of its OpenCable project; Details about the high-speed data modem under development; Description of Hits programming, a delivery service that allows a system to carry more channels.
- What standards? // Broadcasting & Cable;4/15/96, Vol. 126 Issue 16, p18
Reports on the efforts of CableLabs to define cable modem standards in the United States. Issuing of specs; Shipping by Motorola.