One million tiny plays about work
- Figuratively Speaking. // Northern Ontario Business;Oct2007, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p3
The article reports on the statistics on the significance of office gossips in North Bay, Ontario. According to a survey conducted by Opinion Research Corp., 31 percent say that off-the-record conversation with a supervisor is the first source of news. There are 28 percent who affirmed that they...
- How to Get the Most out of Your Coaching. Hicks, Robert; McCracken, John // Physician Executive;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p78
The article discusses a few simple rules to follow that will help one get the most out of his coaching sessions with his colleagues. It cites the need to prepare and think of the coaching session through before starting. It suggests being part of the work environment and determine who might be...
- Dialogue. Drybrough, Julie; Goddin, David // Training Journal;Feb2014, p31
The article discusses the significance for leaders and managers to take time to think and talk well together and to be well equipped to deal with both disruption and disagreement. Other topics discussed include how to use dialogue as a way to develop the skill of giving voice to thoughts and...
- One million tiny plays about work. Taylor, Craig // People Management;5/6/2010, p46
The article presents a conversation between two men who were preparing for a meeting in an office in Chelmsford, England.
- Honest Exchange. Dinkin, Steven // Sales & Service Excellence Essentials;Jun2011, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p10
This article offers a number of tips on turning conflicts in the workplace into a productive conversation. It advises managers to start with an icebreaker and listen to complaints from both parties. It suggests to use and encourage positive language during the conversation. In addition, the...
- Those hot couples on campus. Cox, Dan; Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;7/8/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 21, p2
The article provides information on the various executives spotted having conversations including Amazon.com Inc. founder Jeff Bezos, Facebook Inc. founder Mark Zuckerberg, and Twitter Inc. creator Jack Dorsey.
- When Dating And Recruiting Feel the Same. Dunn, Kris // Conference Board Review;May/Jun2008, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p11
The article presents a conversation between the author and the software business manager in the U.S.
- Taken by fierce. Clancy, Andrew B. // Smart Business Chicago;Jul2010, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p8
An interview with author Susan Scott is presented. She states that the most valuable currency of an executive is the ability of constructing a truly cool PowerPoint. She mentions that one of the principles of her book entitled "Fierce Conversations" is taking responsibly for the emotional wake....
- Taken by fierce. Clancy, Andrew B. // Smart Business Tampa Bay;Jul2010, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p9
An interview with author Susan Scott is presented. She discusses her book "Fierce Conversations" and how she applied her experience as a manager to improving her own business communication. She notes that it is important for executives to have good relationships with employees, and describes how...