- Pint-size rule brews on-the-job labor dispute. Casale, Jeff; Ceniceros, Roberto; Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;4/19/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 16, p23
The article reports on the strike staged by Danish workers at Carlsberg A/S in response to an attempt by management to reduce their beer consumption to three pints a day at lunch starting April 1, 2010.
- Length of work stoppages in 2002. // Compensation & Working Conditions;Mar2003, pN.PAG
Deals with the average length of work stoppages that began in 2002. Duration of major work stoppages.
- Work stoppages involving 1,000 workers or more. // Monthly Labor Review;Nov91, Vol. 114 Issue 11, p135
Presents data on work stoppages in the U.S. from 1989 to 1991. Number of stoppages; Total number of workers involved; Days idle; Percent of estimated working time.
- STRIKE IDLENESS. Burns, John E. // Industrial Management;Aug67, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p1
Editorial. Focuses on strike idleness in employment. Increase in strike idleness levels in May 1967; Number of man-days or idleness resulting to strikes to June 1967; Implications of a strike taking place in the automobile industry.
- St Mungo's staff go on strike. Pudelek, Jenna // Third Sector;12/3/2013, Issue 779, p5
The article reports on the strike of six employees at homelessness charity St. Mungo's in England for problems in pays and employment conditions in 2013.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // People Management;4/22/2010, p8
This section offers world news briefs on employment issues as of April 2010 including the strikes being conducted by taxi drivers in Greece and the request being made by recruiters to lift visa restrictions for the information technology (IT) sector in Australia.
- Can Discrimination Increase Employment: A Neoclassical Perspective. Ekelund Jr., Robert B.; Higgins, Richard S.; Smithson, Charles W. // Southern Economic Journal;Jan81, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p664
The purpose of this paper is to extend--in both linear and nonlinear cases--a neoclassical theory of price discrimination to the hiring of inputs. Algebraic and graphical examination of the problem clearly exposes several interesting theoretical issues related to input pricing and employment,...
- CONSULTATION WATCH. // Employers Law;Feb2010, p5
This section offers news briefs related to employment in Great Britain which include a report related to the consultation of a draft code of practice covering the employment clauses of the Equality Bill, an announcement of the closing date of the draft code of practice on the equal pay aspects...
- Paternal instincts. // Employers Law;Jun2011, p16
The article presents questions and answers related to employment including the special rights of an employee who was made redundant while on paternity leave, the full additional paternity pay for an employee qualified for additional paternity pay and was dismissed as redundant and the employer...