Public-sector HR urged to share learning costs
- The month ahead. AHUJA, ANJANA // Prospect;Apr2013, Issue 205, p55
The article announces that Mark Walport was appointed as chief scientific adviser at Great Britain's Government Chief Scientific Adviser (GCSA) on science and technology-related activities and policies.
- Finance directors would be second in command under Tories. Klaushofer, Alex // Public Finance;1/30/2009, p8
The article reports on the possibility that the finance director may become the second most powerful position in the Whitehall under a Conservative government in Great Britain. The Tories pledged to redefine the role of finance director with new career path and pay scale with a series of...
- 'Who is the new minister? And what qualifies him for this post?'. Hillier, Andy // Third Sector;8/1/2014, Issue 803, p9
The article profiles British Minister for Civil Society Brooks Newmark. Topics include his career in the finance sector as a senior partner at private equity firm Apollo Management prior to entering civil service, an overview of his interests such as foreign policy, poverty reduction, and...
- FIRST-CLASS COACH. Kennett, Miranda // Management Today;Mar2010, p84
The article provides an answer to a question of how civil servants in Great Britain can prove that they are worth their salaries.
- John Lehal, managing director, Insight Public Affairs. // PRWeek (London);6/24/2011, p11
The author comments on the challenges that the British government must confront as it releases its white paper aimed at public service reform.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // People Management;3/11/2010, p7
This section offers news briefs in Great Britain including the announcement by supermarket chain Asda that it will pay the same rate to its permanent staff as its permanent workforce, the opening of entries for the 2010 Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) People Management...
- Latest ONS estimates of public service productivity. // Economic & Labour Market Review;Aug2010, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p4
The article summarizes the report released by the British Office for National Statistics (ONS) on the productivity of public employees from 2006 to 2008.
- Servants of the people. // Recruiter;7/21/2010, p10
The article focuses on the speech of Prime Minister David Cameron at the Civil Service Live conference reminding civil servants that they are the servants of the people in Great Britain.
- Barclays in PA review. Cartmell, Matt // PRWeek (London);2/17/2012, p1
The article reports on the expected challenge facing the public affairs work of Barclays Bank due to intense political climate in Great Britain.