Trichet Warns of Risks with Bank Taxes
- Battle set over who will be Europe's Greenspan. Echikson, William // Christian Science Monitor;11/12/97, Vol. 89 Issue 243, p6
Focuses on the debate in the European Union over whether to choose Wim Duisenberg, former head of the Dutch Central Bank or Jean-Claude Trichet, governor of the Bank of France, as the head of the European Central Bank. Credentials each candidate has; The impact that the head of the European...
- The European Economy. Trichet, Jean-Claude // Vital Speeches of the Day;Feb2008, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p69
The article presents a speech by Jean-Claude Trichet, President of the European Central Bank, titled "Housing," delivered to the Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee of the European Parliament in Brussels, Belgium on December 19, 2007. He discusses the impact increasing oil and food prices...
- Is Central Banking Experience Essential To The Job Of ECB President? Mulford, David; Posen, Adam S.; Godeaux, Jean; Attali, Jacques // International Economy;Spring2002, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p29
Solicits opinion on the job of the European Central Bank president. Independence of the president from political community; Qualifications of Jean-Claude Trichet, nominee to the position; Difficulties in achieving stability in banking.
- El euro a los quince meses. Trichet, Jean-Claude // Bolet�n del CEMLA;jul/ago2000, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p188
No abstract available.
- Looking for green sprouts. Kok, Leon // Finweek;6/11/2009, Special section p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the future of the fund industry in South Africa, share market performance of other countries, and the view of Jean-Claude Trichet of European Central Bank on the recession.
- BANKER ACCUSED OF FRAUD. Vaucher, Andrea R. // Daily Variety;7/22/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 34, p10
Reports on the charge of fraud against Jean-Claude Trichet, head of the French central bank and the man believed to be next in line to top the European Central Bank.
- ECB Head Says Risk Signals Are Red from Crisis. // American Banker;6/24/2011, Vol. 176 Issue F324, p16
The article focuses on the euro region's debt crisis, particularly in Greece, which the European Central Bank's president, Jean-Claude Trichet, says could affect the European banking industry's financial stability.
- Trichet Exits From ECB. Hawser, Anita // Global Finance;Nov2011, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p4
The article announces the resignation of Jean Claude Trichet as vice president at the European Central Bank (ECB) in the midst of the sovereign debt crisis that loomed larger in Europe.
- European Union. // Global Finance;Oct2011, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p62
The article offers information on the domination of the inability of the European Central Bank (ECB) and the European Union during the last few months of the presidency of Jean-Claude Trichet in the institution before it ends in October 2011.