A brief SQL primer--What is SQL?
- Bring No SQL to Your SQL Database Get the Best of Both Worlds. Golledge, Chris // Database Trends & Applications;Dec2013, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p34
The article evaluates Not Only Structured Query Language (NoSQL) databases from International Business Machines Corp.
- IBM to debut SQL database access tools. Polilli, Steve // InfoWorld;4/11/94, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p5
Reports on the plans of the International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) for a family of SQL database access tools to be named Visualizer. Applications; Support systems; Expected shipment of first versions; Offer of Query AIX by IBM; Succession of Personal Application System by the Visualizer.
- BMC DEBUTS PART OF SMARTDBA DATA MANAGEMENT SOLUTION. // Online Product News;Feb2004, pN.PAG
Reports on the integration of Structured Query Language (SQL)-BackTrack, SmartDBA data management solution of BMC Software Inc., a provider of enterprise management with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager. Value of the integration according to William Donahoo, director of Business Development and...
- DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR. // Tech Directions;Sep2010, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p24
The article describes the nature, general tasks and functions of the job of database administrators (DBA). It cites the need for a DBA to know the mainstream database management systems such as Oracle, IBM DB2, and Microsoft SQL Server in order to successfully deliver his tasks. The work is...
- DB2 "Stinger" Features Spatial Extender. // GEOWorld;Aug2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p10
Presents information on the DB2 Spatial Extender database software of IBM. Advantage of the software over its older version; Capabilities of the software; Details of the DB2 structured query language of the software.
- Opening New Doors. Whiting, Rick // CRN;10/13/2008, Issue 1275, p4
The article reports that Microsoft Corp. has acquired DatAllegro Inc. to have an entry into the nascent data warehouse appliance market. It is said that the company's SQL Server database is used by customers as the foundation for data warehouse systems. It is cited that the acquisition gives a...
- DBMS productivity spotlighted. McCright, John S. // eWeek;11/10/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p50
The article reports that IBM Corp. and Microsoft Corp. have previewed new tools that will make developers more productive when creating applications for upgrades to their respective DBMSes. Microsoft, at its Professional Developers Conference in Los Angeles in the end-October 2003 gave...
- IBM AND ORACLE TIE FOR TOP POSITION ON LICENSE REVENUE. // Online Product News;Aug2005, pN.PAG
This article reports on the similar status obtained by IBM and Oracle in terms of license sales in the worldwide relational database management system (RDBMS), according to Gartner, Inc. RDBMS license sales totaled U.S. $ 7.8 billion in 2004, a 10.3 percent increase from 2003 revenue. Gartner...
- Light Database Tools. Eno, Blake // Windows IT Pro;Mar2007, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p31
The article presents a comparison of several light database tools, including DB2 Express-C from IBM, SQL Server 2005 Express Edition from Microsoft and PostgreSQL 8.2 from PotgreSQL Global Development Group.