CCH: Mum's the word during failed deal
- European Information Giants Merge. Cohn, Michael // Accounting Technology;Nov97, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p9
Reports on Reed Elsevier PLC's plan to acquire Dutch publisher Wolter Kluwer NV. Magnitude of the merger.
- Reed Elsevier likely to hold on to IPC because of UK tax regulations. Griffiths, Anna // Campaign;10/17/97, Issue 42, p4
Reports on industry analysts' remarks concerning speculation that Reed Elsevier may sell its consumer magazine arm, IPC, in light of its pending merger with Wolters Kluwer. Analysts' claim that Reed Elsevier is not likely to sell IPC but will concentrate on consolidation its position as the...
- Proposed Reed Elsevier/Wolters Kluwer Merger Abandoned. // Information Today;Apr98, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p1
Announces that the proposed merger between Reed Elsevier and Wolters Kluwer has been abandoned after decisions made by the boards of Reed International plc, Elsevier NV, and Wolters Kluwer NV. Stategies which the companies will continue to pursue.
- Reed Elsevier, Wolters Kluwer to Merge into Megapublisher. Poynder, Richard // Information Today;Nov97, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p1
Focuses on the proposed merger between publishing houses Reed Elsevier and rival Wolters Kluwer. Value and terms of merger; Benefits of merger to both companies; Number of persons who will be employed due to merger.
- Reed Elsevier, Wolters call off merger. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Apr98, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p4
Presents information on the cancellation of the merger between Reed Elsevier and Wolters Kluwer. Reason for the cancellation; Indication of a statement made by both companies.
- CCH acquired by Dutch publisher. P.D. // Practical Accountant;Jan96, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the acquisition of the legal and tax publisher CCH Inc. by the Dutch publishing giant Wolsters Kluwer NV. Assertion by both companies that the acquisition would not cause any major changes in CCH's operating philosophy or management structure; Claim by CCH that it will be in an even...
- Wolters Kluwer to acquire CCH Inc. for $1.9 billion. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/4/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 49, p11
Reports on Dutch publisher, Wolters Kluwer's agreement to pay $1.9 billion to acquire the CCH Inc. Defense by Wolter chairman, Cor Brakel of the purchase price; Continued management of the company by Oakleigh Thorne; Number of prints produced by CCH.
- Timetable set for Reed-WK merger. Lottman, Herbert R. // Publishers Weekly;12/15/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 51, p11
Reports on the likelihood of a merger between Reed Elsevier and Wolters Kluwer. Steps that are being taken to speed the process; Outline of the merger calendar; Sales and employment figures for 1997.
- The costs of growth. Samborn, Hope Viner // ABA Journal;Jan1998, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p26
Focuses on the consolidation of Reed Elsevier and Wolters Kluwer scheduled for the beginning of 1998. Information about Thompson Corp. with which Elsevier Wolters Kluwer is set to compete; Reason why many say that the deal is a good fit for both companies; Fears of law librarians regarding the...