Why you should dig HBO's 'Six Feet Under'
- Diggin' Six Feet Under. Clinton, Paul // Advocate;7/3/2001, Issue 841, p50
Interviews 'American Beauty screenwriter Alan Ball about his comedy-drama series for Home Box Office titled 'Six Feet Under,' which is set in a family mortuary. Presentation of a jaundiced look at a typically dysfunctional suburban Los Angeles family who happen to be in the funeral business;...
- Life and death, drama and humor, join hands: Depicting the dark ironies of contemporary American lifeâ€”that's what Alan Ball does best. Littlefield, Kinney // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Aug2011, Vol. 124 Issue 8, p38
An interview is presented with the screenwriter Alan Ball, who has worked on the cable television programs "Six Feet Under" and "True Blood." Ball talks about how he began writing for television and his early career writing for the TV show "Grace Under Fire." He also talks about how he balances...
- A Family Drama to Die For. Peyser, Marc // Newsweek;5/28/2001, Vol. 137 Issue 22, p62
Profiles writer Alan Ball. Oscar which he won for his screenplay of the movie 'American Beauty'; His television show 'Six Feet Under,' which features a family of undertakers; His work on a murder-mystery movie which will star Tom Hanks.
- Family Plot. Greenberg, James // Los Angeles Magazine;Jun2001, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p52
Features actor Alan Ball, who stars in the television comedy series `Six Feet Under.' Career background; How he got the role; Personal experiences of the actor on death-related events.
- HBO unearths 3rd season of Ball's quirky 'Six Feet'. McConville, Jim // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/30/2002, Vol. 373 Issue 12, p6
Reports the third season production of the 'Six Feet Under,' 13-episode show under HBO. Creation and produced by Alan Ball; Average of total viewers of the show; Suggestions on the use of fewer serialized plot lines.
- TV's Stiff Competition. Peyser, Marc // Newsweek;3/4/2002, Vol. 139 Issue 9, p57
Discusses prime time television programs that focus on crime solving and dead bodies. Comments of Alan Ball, creator of the Home Box Office television program 'Six Feet Under'; CBS' 'CSI' and NBC's 'Crossing Jordan'; Highlights of 'Six Feet Under'; View that in these programs, cadavers...
- Ball Digs 'Under' Mordant Mortality. Martinez, Jose A. // Multichannel News;6/4/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p84
Reviews the television series 'Six Feet Under,' written and produced by Alan Ball.
- HBO closes the coffin on Six Feet Under. Grubb, R. J. // Bay Windows;6/2/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 24, Special Section p1
Reports on the final season of the gay television program "Six Feet Under." Remarks from the series creator Alan Ball on the show; Conflicts in the program; Implication of the cancellation of the program for gay programming on television.
- Six Feet Under and Post-Patriarchal Society. Tobin, Robert // Film & History (03603695);May2002, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p87
Reviews the television program "Six Feet Under," directed by Alan Ball and starring Frances Conroy and Peter Krause.