Sun should shine soon on renewable energy careers
- Site-specific analysis. LaForge, Chris // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p79
Focuses on the factors involved in site analysis and designing of a renewable energy system for farms.
- Government gives green light to energy grid study. Cavenagh, Andrew // Engineer (00137758);11/16/2001, Vol. 290 Issue 7578, p7
No abstract available.
- TURNING RENEWABLES INTO A REALITY. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Aug2003, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p80
Describes the abundance and development of renewable energy resources in Orkney, Scotland. Economic, social and environmental issues in renewables development; Operations of the Orkney Sustainable Energy in planning, development and implementation of small wind farms; Development of the...
- NEWS BRIEFS. // Solar Today;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p67
The article offers new briefs related to renewable energy sources including the agreement signed by Tucson Electric Power to purchase the 160 megawatts of renewable energy projects, the availability of select Sunny Boy solar inverters for projects, and the plan of Spanish company Ingeteam to...
- From the Editor-in-Chief. Oka, Simeon // Thermal Science;2012, Vol. 16 Issue 3, preceding p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on sustainable energy development, reduction of dependence on imported energy and fuels, and technology development in South East Europe.
- The logical choice. Johansson, Thomas // UNESCO Sources;Jul/Aug96, Issue 81, p9
Describes the potentials of renewable energy development. Improving the standard of living; Examples of alternative energy resources; Reduction in energy costs; Benefits of renewable energy to society.
- The Solar Summit: Overcoming the obstacles. R.L. // UNESCO Sources;Jul/Aug96, Issue 81, p16
Focuses on the economic aspects of the development of renewable energy sources in developing countries. Cost considerations of modern energy installations; Economic capabilities for energy resource development; Integration of renewable energies into various systems; Information about the 1996...
- Welsh winner for Euro green award. // Utility Week;12/20/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the European award won by a Powys County Council scheme to promote renewable energy in rural Wales. Percentage of energy generation from renewable sources targeted by Europe; List of other winners of the award.
- Natural gas most economical `green' fuel, study says. // American Gas;Sep97, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p13
Relates the results of a study on renewable energy sources conducted by the Institute for Energy Research. Substantial cost advantage of natural gas over other renewable sources.