Fit for the job
- Your place or mine? Macniven, Jacqueline // Cabinet Maker;07/17/98, Issue 5097, p14
Focuses on the growth of the home office furniture industry in Great Britain. Emergence of interior designers who specialize in helping to create home offices; Competition between traditional furniture companies in the computer and hidden office markets; Factors contributing to the growth.
- Computers, not furniture, are powering home offices. Molinari, Deanne // Grand Rapids Business Journal;07/20/98, Vol. 16 Issue 29, pB-1
Focuses on the home office as a market for office furniture manufacturers in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Office furniture companies' efforts to satisfy the demands of home office customers.
- Neat & tidy. // Cabinet Maker;05/28/99 Supplement, p27
Focuses on storage system products available in the market spawned by the trend of home office furniture. Key factors that led to the growing demand for versatile furniture and office products; Features of the storage system products; Sales of home office furniture.
- Desq fills home office niche. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;7/16/2001 Supplement, Vol. 25, p24
Focuses on the home office furniture market niche in the United States explored by Minnesota-based Desq. Range of modular furnishings created at the company; Design firms hired by company officials to design products; Consultative approach to marketing taken by the company.
- Danish designs big on function. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;6/14/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p34
Features a selection of home office products that were exhibited by manufacturers at the Scandinavian Furniture Fair in Copenhagen, Denmark, in May 2004. Langeskov International's Model 105 desk; Dema's 315 Secretary Desk; System X-88 swivel chair from Ito Design and manufacturer comforto.
- Home office may benefit. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;10/31/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the impact of high gasoline prices on home office furniture vendors in the U.S. Consideration of the price level change as an advantage to the vendors; Speculations on the increase in demands for office furniture; Target areas where home office furniture are in demand.
- SOHO sources flesh out lines. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;01/29/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p22
Reports on product introductions made by small office/home office furniture exhibitors at the 2001 San Francisco furniture market held in San Francisco, California. Modular versions of basic styles; Continued market penetration of imports; Aspen's introduction of pull-out halogen task lights...
- Home office vendors report strong traffic, order-writing. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;8/1/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p27
Reports on the success of the 2005 World Market Center furniture industry trade show and exhibition in Las Vegas, Nevada, from the point of view of home office furniture manufacturers. Orders taken during the first two days alone in Las Vegas exceeded the San Francisco market by more than 100...
- Home office still big for Louis Shanks. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;6/14/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p36
Reports that home office furniture continues to be a strong category for Texas-based furniture retail chain Louis Shanks Co. Company's approach to selling home office furniture; Companies that are supplying Louis Shanks with writing desks and executive office pieces; Impact of the housing boom...