- BRC says retail growth falls short. // Home Furnishings;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p2
Reports on the British Retail Consortium's disappointment over low retail sales growth in September 1998. Attribution of low sales growth to declining consumer confidence; Retail sectors that saw better sales growth during the month.
- High street growth. // Credit Management;Dec99, p12
Reports on the British Retail Consortium's study on retail sales volume in Great Britain, in September 1999. Comparison with total sales volume during the same period in 1998; Factors contributing to the rise of retail sales; Volume of orders placed on suppliers.
- High street optimism hits high: but prices under pressure. // Credit Management;Aug2000, p16
Reports the optimism among most retailers in Great Britain concerning increase in sales as of May 2000. Report on a three month trend rate by the British Retail Consortium; Details on National Statistics data on sales volume; Account on the fall of motor sales.
- BRC urges government to educate retailers on euro introduction. // Home Furnishings;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on the British Retail Consortium's call for the government to provide more guidance and information to retailers over the effects of Great Britain joining the single European currency. Discrepancy in awareness of the euro between smaller and larger retailers; Failure of the government...
- BRC urges Government to create retail minister. // In-Store Marketing;Jan2002, p7
Reports on the meeting of British Retail Consortium (BRC) regarding the creation of a retail minister. Reasons for establishing the position; Views of BRC chairman Sir David Sieff on the issue; Role of the retail industry in the economy of Great Britain.
- Retail sales revive in April. Smith, Richard // Credit Management;Jul98, p12
Reports that growth in annual retail sales volume revived in April 1998 following a marked slowdown in March. Details on retail sales in April based on a report by the British Retail Consortium (BRC); Seasonally adjusted retail sales volume; Average weekly value of retail sales based on...
- Is the UK spending spree finally over? Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;8/22/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p19
Analyzes the decline in consumer spending in Great Britain. Figures from the British Retail Consortium showing significant decease in consumer spending in July 2002; Factors affecting consumer confidence; Need for retailers to adjust projected business sales rates; Importance of maintaining...
- Do Independent Retailers Need A New Association? Stevens, Bill // Music Trades;Jul2006, Vol. 154 Issue 6, p38
The author argues that the existing trade groups are not addressing the challenges faced by independent retailers in the U.S. The categories in which the activities of trade associations fall are explained. The ways in which such categories as well as issues are handled for independent retailers...
- Winning strategies discussed at GMA. // DSN Retailing Today;7/5/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 13, p4
No abstract available.