Recipe for failure and training for success
- Why Your Practice Needs an Office Manual. Sweat, Rebecca // Podiatry Management;Apr/May2006, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p127
Discusses the fundamentals of creating an office manual for a podiatric practice in the U.S. Importance of an office manual to a podiatric practice; Components of an office manual; Ways to implement policies included in the manual.
- Health & Safety: Get the Facts. Anderson, Wally // GreenMaster;Feb2006, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p28
Presents information on a booklet developed by the Cotton Golf Club to comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Code in Alberta. Forms and checklist used by the club to track its employee training and equipment and workplace inspection to ensure safety; Chemicals included in the dangerous...
- The most adjustable chair ...probably. // Management Services;Mar1998, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p33
Evaluates Credo chairs from England based company Sven Christiansen. Information on adjustment of the chair; Manual on operation of chair; Role of the chair in bringing comfort to consumers.
- How to Make 2000 Your Best Year Ever. Dossenbach, Tom // Wood & Wood Products;Nov99, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p85
Discusses management issues facing furniture companies in year 2000. Report of the American Management Association; Case study on a mid-western furniture company; Reaction of companies to the challenges.
- New industry classification system. // Business America;Jun98, Vol. 119 Issue 6, p2
Announces the availability of the North American Industry Classification System Manual, an industry classification system which replaces that US Standard Industrial Classification. Topics contained in the manual; Contact information.
- K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple, Stupid) Is Always Relative. Wong, William // Electronic Design;11/20/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 24, p56
Discusses the benefits and advantages of providing simple and clear information in technical or operating manuals. Ease in understanding of operating system for first time users; Quick utilization of advanced functionality for experts.
- From the publisher's desk. Dunn, John F. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;04/11/97, Vol. 180 Issue 15, p4
Explains the reasons behind the setbacks in the production of the Mekeel's Reference Manual. Apology of the publisher; Staff problems of the publishing company; Author's request for readers to support the publication's advertisers.
- Electronic manuals: Easy to use, easy to change. // Electrical World;Apr97, Vol. 211 Issue 4, p50
Focuses on the advantages of electronic manuals for public utilities. Case of Public Service Electric & Gas Co.'s conversion to electronic manuals; Disadvantages of printed manuals; Cost benefits; Graphics and linking capabilities.
- A little knowledge is not enough. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jun95, Issue 511, p62
Gives advice on the importance of using technical manual when doing maintenance repairs on equipments.