DTI set to shake up consumer credit laws
- Shop 'Til you Drop--Online. Dvorak, Blake D. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Dec2003, Vol. 86 Issue 12, p2
Presents tips on online shopping from Safeshopping.org. Advantages of online shopping; Information on the provisions of the federal Fair Credit Billing Act in the U.S.
- Eased information-sharing aids banks, consumers. Fischer, Richard; McEneney, Michael // American Banker;11/8/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 216, p14
Discusses amendments to the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Benefits to banks and consumers of the provisions of the law; Opportunity for efficiency gains; Affiliate information sharing; Cross-marketing possibilities; Credit bureau information; Enforcement and federal preemption.
- What the future may hold. Spurgin, Ralph E. // Credit World;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p26
Introduces bills in congress to update the Fair Credit Reporting Act. List of bills requirements; Law passed by Utah; Request for a report card on how the credit bureau is doing; Request for reverification.
- Privacy and consumer credit information. Rothschild, Philip E. // Credit World;MAR/APR93, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p20
Looks at the privacy issues of consumers' personal and financial activities through their attitude, federal credit law and marketing technique. Survey of Lou Harris and Associates on the issue; Federal law protecting consumer privacy; How target marketing works.
- Lender beware--Federal regulation of consumer credit. Canter, Ronald S. // Credit World;MAY/JUN93, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p16
Discusses the federal regulations of consumer credit in the United States such as the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, the Truth-in-Lending Law, the fair Credit Billing Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Detailed informations on these regulations.
- State laws and credit reporting: A changing legal landscape. Pratt, Stuart // Credit World;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p7
Discusses consumer credit reporting laws in different states. California's standard of liability for companies; Maryland's bill on free report and error correction; Louisiana; Vermont; Washington state; Nevada; Motivations for legislative efforts; Contributions of the credit reporting industry.
- Consumer reporting reforms. Hester, Tom; Schmidt, Kristin // Credit World;May/Jun94, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p8
Presents information on consumer credit laws in the United States. Includes proposed House Bill (HB) 5257-Sale of Credit Information for Connecticut; Senate Bill (SB) 580-Telemarketing for Florida; SB 567-Late Fee for Kansas; HB 9872-Debt Collections for New York; Amendment of House Resolution...
- Fair Credit Reporting Act Amendments. Stedman, Jerry // Credit World;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p7
Presents a general review of amendments to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, enacted on September 30, 1996. Definition of adverse action; Furnishing consumer reports for business transactions; Furnishing and using consumer reports for employment purposes; Compliance procedures.
- FCRA Reform. Marquis, Oscar // Credit World;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the amendment of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA). Negative reactions from the consumer credit industry; Summary of changes made to FRCA by the reform Act of 1996; Affiliate sharing; Permissible Purposes; Employment reports; Prescreening; Fairness; Consumer disclosure;...