Clarifying The Disability Discrimination Act
- Dispute Resolution Act introduced. Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Personnel Journal;Nov94, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p126
Reports on the introduction of the Employment Dispute Resolution Act of 1994 by Senator John Danforth. Alternative litigation for employment-discrimination claims.
- Overview. // Essential Guide to Federal Employment Laws (9781413308891);Apr2009, p1
The article discusses various topics related to federal employment laws in the U.S. included in the book, including the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, and the Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Be fair: Pay heed to the law when recruiting or risk paying up in court. Exten-Wright, Jonathan // Cabinet Maker;08/14/98, Issue 5101, p7
Explains current employment legislation in Great Britain. Contractual offer; Job description and duties; Anti-discrimination legislation; Race, sex and disability discrimination; Reasonable adjustments to accommodate a disabled person.
- EQUALITY IN THE WORKPLACE. Callanan, Claire; Heslin, Mark // Accountancy Ireland;Feb2001, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p23
Provides insights on the Employment Equality Act in Ireland. Purpose of the Act; Provisions on discrimination regarding access to employment; Need for employers to review recruitment and employment practices; Concern over the consequences of the Act.
- DISCRIMINATION. Blankenhorn, David // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Mar2014, Issue 241, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article by R. R. Reno on the aims of the Employment Non-Discrimination Act in the January 2014 issue.
- DISCRIMINATION. Reno, R. R. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Mar2014, Issue 241, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on Employment Non-Discrimination Act.
- Appendix. // Dealing with Problem Employees (9781413310689);2007, p345
A list of federal agencies that enforce employment laws in the U.S., a chart related to state laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in various U.S. states, and a list of agencies that enforce laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in various U.S. states, that relate to articles...
- Equality undefined. Mulholland, Stephen // Finance Week;5/26/2003, p17
Discusses key provisions of South Africa's Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 in light of the Labor Court case won by a certain man against the City of Cape Town. Man's claim that he was discriminated against due to his race, political belief, lack of experience and or other arbitrary grounds;...
- EQUALITY IN THE WORKPLACE. Hocker, Cliff // Black Enterprise;Aug2002, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p22
Focuses on the signing of the Notification and Federal Employee Anti-Discrimination and Retaliation Act by U.S. President George W. Bush on May 15, 2002. Provisions of the law; Prevalence of discrimination in the federal workplace; State of discrimination complaints in the federal government;...