JLP's Edinburgh site to get pound25m revamp
- All lit up at John Lewis. // Building Design;5/25/2007, Issue 1772, p6
The article describes the refurbishment of John Lewis Partnership's flagship Oxford Street store in England by architect Wilson Mason and Partners. Two central light wells have been created to flood the shop with natural light and glass-sided escalators provide unobstructed views beneath the...
- DESTINATION COOKSHOP. // Housewares;Nov/Dec2007, Issue 210, p22
The article focuses on the new-look layout of Destination Cookshop in Great Britain. Buying director Maureen Dunn said that the developments has combined more imaginative cross-merchandising, better displays and use of in-store demonstrations, with more space for premium and design products. The...
- Familiarity helps slash cost of renovation. Swidler, Ron // Hotel & Motel Management;11/6/96, Vol. 211 Issue 19, p42
Presents a breakdown of costs on a hotel project which consists of two towers that underwent a complete guest-room and corridor renovation. Impact of budgets on the property's ability to generate revenue per available room; Gettys Group Renovation Costs Index as an indicator of renovation costs...
- Trailer height cap would hit John Lewis with Â£6.2m bill. // Commercial Motor;10/14/2010, Vol. 213 Issue 5403, p7
The article reports that the recent regulations by the British government regarding the height of trailers will force John Lewis Partnership PLC to run trailers limited to a height of 4 metres, which would increase the company's distribution costs by 6.2 million dollars.
- Overhaul at John Lewis saves Â£90m. // Supply Management;Nov2013, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p7
The article reports that John Lewis Partnership (JLP), which operates a chain of department stores, has saved more than 90 million pounds since 2010 by overhauling its indirect procurement process.
- Stretching your remodeling dollar. Cooper, Steve // Better Homes & Gardens;July97, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p52
Gives 10 suggestions on how to stretch a budget for remodeling projects. How one can save money by buying material themselves.
- Tight budgets don't constrict good design. Blank, Christine // Hotel & Motel Management;04/05/99, Vol. 214 Issue 6, p44
Discusses how hotels can succeed in their renovation projects despite budget constraints. Savings from choosing a company to oversee all aspects of the renovation; Hoteliers' renovation of certain areas at a time; Shift by hotels to a residential look in guestrooms.
- Blueprint to business success. Swidler, Ron // Hotel & Motel Management;04/05/99, Vol. 214 Issue 6, p58
Discusses the financial aspects of hotel renovation projects. Ability to minimize displaced revenues; Key considerations during planning the renovation.
- TW Patterson painting the town contemporary. Cornell, Halley // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/8/2001, Issue 322832, p21
Reports on the renovation of the TW Patterson building in Fresno, California. Costs of the restoration; Description of the building; Lists of building occupants.