- ...while ScS sees policy pay off. // Cabinet Maker;12/03/99, Issue 5166, p3
Reports on the plans of upholstery retailer ScS to expand after the store chain's policy of concentrating on margin rather than sales increased pre-tax profits despite a drop in like for like sales.
- Homestyle and ScS prices leap ahead. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;05/25/2001, Issue 5239, p6
Reports the stock prices of upholstery manufacturers in Great Britain as of May 2001. Reason for the increased prices of Homestyle and ScS; Effect of analysts visit to MFI on share prices; Increase in share price index in the industry.
- ScS stalls over missing profits. // Cabinet Maker;12/5/2003, Issue 5367, p4
Focuses on the financial performance of upholstery chain ScS Co. in Europe. Disappearance of its forecast profits; Amount of pre-tax profits; Discrepancy in profit.
- Marketing a way through tough times for retailers. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;10/5/2007, Issue 5558, p9
The author reflects on the importance of marketing to Land of Leather (LoL) and ScS Corp. in Great Britain. He mentions that marketing is often the first budget cut of the business when times are tough. However, he claims that marketing is a successful path to follow. He also explains that...
- Specialists LoL and ScS shine. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;2/10/2006, Issue 5475, p6
The article reports on the positive financial performance of upholstery specialists Land of Leather Holdings PLC and ScS Upholstery PLC in Great Britain. An increase of 5.5 percent and 4 percent were reported respectively. Clive Hatchard, Land of Leather CFO, asserted that the results...
- Beere to stay at ScS. // Cabinet Maker;7/2/2004, Issue 5395, p6
Reports that upholstery chain store, ScS Corp. has persuaded financial director, Sacha Beere to stay with the company in the new role of operations director to strengthen its back office systems.
- Mystery Shopper Middlebrough. // Cabinet Maker;05/04/2001, Issue 5236, p10
Presents a shopping experience at SCS Co. in South Bank Centre in Great Britain.
- Profits soar in record year for ScS. // Cabinet Maker;12/6/2002, Issue 5316, p4
Reports on the record pre-tax profits experienced by furniture distributor ScS Co. in Great Britain. Percentage of turnover; Average order value; Plans in opening new stores.
- ScS looks to the south. // Cabinet Maker;12/19/97, Issue 5069, p4
Reports that ScS chief executive Mike Browne sent staff at the Sunderland, England, office floral tributes to celebrate the opening of the firm's floatation at 112 pounds per share.