Dobson Hits 1 Million Milestone
- Roaming drives need for rural partners. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;10/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the acquisition of rural cellular operations by nationwide carriers in the United States. Acquisition of American Cellular Corp. by AT&T Corp. and rural cellular operator Dobson Communications Corp.; Rise in minutes of cellular phone use; Increase of roaming revenue; Growth in...
- Dobson to get $30 million annually from USF. // RCR Wireless News;1/30/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p1
The article announces the designation of the subsidiaries of Dobson Communications Corp. as eligible telecommunications carders (ETC) in rural areas of Alaska and Minnesota by the states' respective regulatory commissions in 2006. Dobson has received written notification from the Regulatory...
- AWS Cuts Roaming Costs By Way Of Acquisition. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;10/11/99, Vol. 5 Issue 41, p3
Reports on the joint venture formed by AT&T Wireless Services (AWS) and Dobson Communications Corp. to acquire American Cellular Corp. Reason for the acquisition; Population base covered by the wireless service of American Cellular; Terms under the agreement.
- LECs want to charge wireless carriers for E911 Phase II calls. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/2/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p3
Reports on the plan of local exchange carriers in the U.S. to charge wireless carriers every time a customer makes an enhanced 911 Phase II call on their networks. Rate of charge proposed by BellSouth Corp.; Reason for charging wireless carriers for a 911 call; Petitions filed by Dobson...
- Dobson Adds Fewer Customers. // Wireless Week;7/15/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 28, p4
Reports that Dobson Communications Corp. added fewer new customers in the June 2002 quarter and warned that American Cellular, its joint venture with AT&T Wireless, is in apparent violation of credit covenants. Number of customers the rural carrier added in the second quarter of 2001; Estimated...
- Dobson completes Texas acquisitions. // RCR;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p16
Reports on Dobson Communications Corp.'s acquisition of Texas 9 rural service areas.
- Dobson Bets on American Cellular Restructuring. Husband, Sarah // Bank Loan Report;7/21/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p8
Reports on the debt restructure deal between American Cellular Corp. and Dobson Communications Corp. Reaction of bondholders to the deal; Benefits of the deal for Dobson.
- Dobson Bets on American Cellular Restructuring. Husband, Sarah // High Yield Report;7/21/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the restructuring plans of American Cellular Corp. and Dobson Communications Corp. in the U.S.
- Dobson's subscriber base surpasses 1 million. // RCR Wireless News;7/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p38
Reports on the number of postpaid customers added to Dobson Communications Corp. during the second quarter of 2001. Increase in wireless communication customer churn for the quarter from 2000 to 2001; Uses of the proceeds from the possible sale of Dobson.