VoiceXML: Open For Business
- XML: Driving next-gen services. Matthews, Mat // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jan2000, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p44
Focuses on the potential applications of XML in telecommunication networks in the United States. Creation of integrated services; Requirement of an augmented data or signalling channel; Delivery of services through a convergence switch.
- Embedded XML for Device Management. Gordon, Charles // ECN: Electronic Component News;Mar2002 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p78
Focuses on the importance of the Extensible Markup Language in accomplishing the level of interoperability of the network appliance. Specifications of the format of data records; Elimination of the error of data interpretation; Simplification of encoding/decoding data records.
- Now Hear This: Voice XML Delivers. Chambers, Steve // Wireless Week;04/02/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p45
Comments on the voice extensible markup language (XML) technology. Popularity of the technology; Speech portals built by portal companies; Availability of speech browsing with content.
- Still no universal workflow. Kobielus, James // Network World;7/1/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p31
Comments on the workflow standards in the U.S. telecommunication industry. Alliance of the Workflow Management Coalition and the Business Process Management Institute to define XML-based workflow-process definition standards; Opinion on the alliance's performance; Other workflow-process...
- XML-BASED INTEROPERABILITY AMONG SYMBOLIC COMPUTATION SYSTEMS. Andrés, M.; García, F. J.; Pascual, V.; Rubio, J. // Proceedings of the IADIS International Conference on WWW/Interne;Nov2003, p925
In this paper, the state of a project to interoperate among some complex symbolic computation systems is presented. We briefly put into context our problem, stressing the difficult points (essentially, the need of exchanging information which encodes infinite data structures) and showing the...
- The Global Ledger for Financial Services. GARBELLOTTO, GIANLUCA // Strategic Finance;Apr2007, Vol. 88 Issue 10, p59
The article discusses the adoption of Extensible Business Reporting Language for General Ledger (XBRL GL) by the financial services industry. In the author's opinion, XBRL GL would enable interoperability between applications and for standardized, cross jurisdictional data consolidation and...
- FIX TAG~VALUE AND FIXML: DIVERGENCE OR COMMON GROUND? Sandman, John // Securities Industry News;12/22/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 49, p10
Discusses the FIX tag-value and FIXML versions of the FIX protocol and its application in the securities industry. Identification of extensible markup language as the Rosetta stone of FIX-Swift interoperability; Percentage of firms using the FIX tag-value version; Comments of Bob Lamoreux, one...
- VOICEGENIE SUPPORTS SCANSOFT OPENSPEECH RECOGNIZER 2.0. // Audiotex Update;Dec2003, p1
VoiceGenie Technologies Inc., a provider of VoiceXML platforms, development environments, and tools for advanced speech solutions, releases its new VoiceXML speech platform, Version 6.0. VoiceGenie's VoiceXML speech platform has provided the infrastructure for some of the largest speech-based...
- Using GXL for exchanging business process models. Winter, Andreas; Simon, Carlo // Information Systems & e-Business Management;Jul2006, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p285
The graph exchange language (GXL) is an XML-based standard exchange language for sharing graph data between tools. GXL can be customized to exchange application specific types of graphs. This is done by exchanging both, the instance graph, representing the data itself, and the schema,...