Wanted: Die-Hard Sports Fans
- Arch Scores With ESPN. // Wireless Week;7/9/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 28, p28
Reports that Arch Wireless Inc. has entered into an agreement with ESPN Inc. in which Arch will offer the ESPN To Go messaging device in its retail stores enabling people to view sports information. Sports information to be offered by the messaging device; Availability of the device.
- Mobile Messaging Clearly On the Rise, But What Will Drive It? // Wireless Week;1/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p36
Forecasts the growth of mobile messaging system led by Multimedia Messaging Service and Mobile Instant Messaging. Role of the youth in the adoption of messaging; Price of stocks of Arch Wireless. INSETS: Young Guns to Drive Immediate SMS Growth;STOCK SPOTLIGHT;OVERHEARD . . ..
- Arch, ESPN enter content agreement. // RCR Wireless News;7/9/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p29
Reports on the content agreement between Arch Wireless Inc. and cable television network channel ESPN which was announced by Arch on July 9, 2001.
- Advantra to design ReFLEX modules. // RCR Wireless News;10/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p18
Reports that Advantra International will design ReFLEX Version 2.7 mobile radio modules for use in wireless devices for Arch Wireless Incorporated. Potential benefits of the modules; Comments from C. Edward Baker Jr., Arch's chairman and chief executive officer.
- Band on the run. Walsh, Max // Bulletin with Newsweek;2/28/2006, Vol. 124 Issue 6509, p60
The article reports on the launch of ESPN mobile by ESPN Inc. ESPN mobile is a whole new phone company. It is actually leasing high-speed network capacity from Sprint and reselling that capacity with phones and content specifically engineered for sport tragics. ESPN mobile has its own pricing...
- A Nerd in Hand is Worth Two Geeks in the Bush. Janoff, Barry // Brandweek;5/22/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 21, p32
The article presents information on an advertisement created by Arnold Worldwide for Mobile ESPN from ESPN. Matty B. who touts the new mobile sports phone service from ESPN. Matty dresses, grooms and acts like a star out of the film Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise. His purpose is to...
- ESPN Rings In 2005. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/20/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 51, p19
Interviews Manish Jha, senior vice president of ESPN Mobile, about the project on branded phones that will offer in-depth sports information. Reason of ESPN for pushing its branded products; Views on the consideration given by distributors to mobile applications; Benefits of the project to ESPN...
- Nextel wins at 900 MHZ by picking up Arch spectrum. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;1/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p9
Announces Nextel Communications Inc.'s purchase of the 900 MHz Specialized Mobile Radio licenses inherited by Arch Wireless Inc. from Paging Network Inc. when it merged with PageNet.
- A nostalgic yawn. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;11/22/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p10
Comments on the merger of pager companies Arch Wireless Inc. and Metrocall Holdings Inc. Value of the deal; Overview of the decline of the industry; Market challenges facing the new company USA Mobility Inc.; Recap of the evolution of the radio common carrier industry into the messaging industry.