Western Scores 1XRTT Victory In Rural Montana
- Eyes on the prize. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;11/5/96Supplement, Vol. 231 Issue 19, p28
Reports on Western Wireless Inc.'s accomplishments in the wireless communications market. Deployment of networks and offer of commercial service in four of its markets; Advantages of Western Wireless in the area of microwave relocation of incumbents in the 2 GHz band; Speed in gaining zoning...
- Western Wireless. // Wireless Review;12/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p19
Focuses on wireless communication carrier Western Wireless. Number of subscribers and employees as of December 2001; Percentage of the company's network upgraded to code division multiple access; Value of business sold in Latvia.
- Western Wireless: Don't treat rural carriers 'special'. // RCR;03/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p17
Reports on Western Wireless Corp.'s issuance of a policy paper reiterating that rural local exchange carriers (LEC) should not get special treatment from regulators. Western's competition with rural LEC; Reasons why competition in rural America has been slow.
- Western adding WLL customers despite LEC dispute. Luna, Lynette // RCR;01/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p5
Discloses that Western Wireless Corp. is adding customers to its wireless local loop service in Regent, North Dakota. Dispute between the company and local exchange carriers in the area; Background on the dispute.
- Oregon tax battle could provide precedent for PCS providers. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;12/09/96, Vol. 15 Issue 49, p3
Focuses on the efforts of the wireless telecommunication industry in the United States to win a key battle involving Oregon's tax on Western Wireless PSC I Corporation's Portland personal communications services license. Amount of money the Oregon Department of Revenue forced Western to pay...
- Western wireless gains USF eligibility. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;10/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p8
Reports that Western Wireless Corp. has decided to begin offering competitive local exchange services in Minnesota in 1999 after it became the first mobile carrier to gain eligibility for universal-service funds.
- Navigating the InfoStream. // Telephony;11/18/96, Vol. 231 Issue 21, p72
Cites the launching of a wireless data service called InfoStream by the Western Wireless.
- Western Wireless enters Des Moines. // RCR;02/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p20
Focuses on the launch of the VoiceStream wireless service of Western Wireless Corporation, in Des Moines, Iowa. What the system uses for mobile communications technology; Information on the service.
- Washington firm to bring new phone technology to Utah. Rattle, Barbara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/14/95, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p1
Reports on Bellevue, Washington-based non-wireline cellular telephone system Western Wireless Corp.'s plan to bring broadband Personal Communications Services (PCS) technology to Utah. Features of technology; Expansion of company's geographic footprint; Pricing of PCS service; Background on...